Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Aston Villa MNF

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Was Agbonlahor even playing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

no Carra, no Stevie, no Torres - and we nailed that result!!!!!

also.... Pepe = Legend, legend, legend!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lucas motm. By a mile

I thought Babel did really well as well. Looked really up for it for a change.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

you could say the same about almost every Villa player, Gabby had no supply and came off for Care in the second half, then Carew had no impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lucas motm. By a mile
    Agreed. He better watch out or he'll be a regular starter for Brazil at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Great result and clean sheet to boot... villa shocking though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Meireles was outstanding tonight. I'd have had him as Man of the Match. Everybody for Liverpool looked good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Delighted to see N'gog get the Man of the Match, worked hard and grabbed a goal and assist. Nice one young lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

up to 8th :cool:
    amazing seeing as we have been muck all season bar a couple of rare moments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

villa were bloody terrible. I knew things were bad for them this season but i havent really watched much of them. liverpool were never threatened and were in control from kick off to the final whistle.

lucas, meireles & johnson were great tonight, as was babel rather amazingly. not much else to say about the game tbh. id be worried though if i was a villa fan :s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Villa were even worse than I thopught they'd be. Appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

JPA wrote: »
    Wow, Worst performance of the season perhaps from Villa.
    No positives of any kind, shocking.

Don't mean to drag it up....Newcastle?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

TBH I thought in the second half when we were at least trying to play some football that Gabby was doing well and was the focal point for our attack but as soon as he went off for Carew we lost all shape in attack and stopped putting pressure on Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't mean to drag it up....Newcastle?!?

Least we had a penalty in that match...

But yes I did forget or blanked it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lucas & Meireles were excellent tonight, Villa were reduced to long balls to Gabby for large spells and he was not happy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Thought Liverpool played very well tonight, had Meireles as MotM myself, thought he played excellent. Lucas, Babel and N'Gog also played very well, though.

Thought Hogg was Villa's best player, he was in the midst of things in the second half anyway.

Wrote a report for BPF on the match, so hopefully ye can look at that tomorrow, if it goes up.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »
    Villa were even worse than I thopught they'd be. Appalling.

how can a team that plays man utd off the park be so bad 2 weeks later, doesn't make much sense

as for liverpool the same question could be asked of ryan babel :p probably the most naturally gifted player in the league but when he is bad he is awful, tonight he was really good, thats one if not the best performance i have seen from him "starting" a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

rossie1977 wrote: »
    how can a team that plays man utd off the park be so bad 2 weeks later, doesn't make much sense

as for liverpool the same question could be asked of ryan babel :pprobably the most naturally gifted player in the league but when he is bad he is awful, tonight he was really good, thats one if not the best performance i have seen from him "starting" a game

Not in a million years

as for liverpool the same question could be asked of ryan babel :p probably the most naturally gifted player in the league but when he is bad he is awful, tonight he was really good, thats one if not the best performance i have seen from him "starting" a game

Not even the most naturally gifted of the starting 11 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bannan and Ashley Young missing tonight. The team shouldn't have been as bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

baz2009 wrote: »
    Not even the most naturally gifted of the starting 11 tonight.

on the liverpool starting 11 lol, babel is a guy who prior to his liverpool transfer was being tipped to be the best player in the world (in his teens) by the likes of cruyff, koeman, van basten and rijkaard

this is a good article

on the liverpool starting 11 lol, babel is a guy who prior to his liverpool transfer was being tipped to be the best player in the world (in his teens) by the likes of cruyff, koeman, van basten and rijkaard

this is a good article

Meireles is much more gifted, imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Too bad it will take another long few months to see Babel score again. He just is not a consistant player and I still hope we sell him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Is there any site where I can see the highlights of the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Babel's development has been poorly handled imo. He has many similarities with a young Henry in terms of his raw ability, playing him on the wing so much has really prevented him from building on his potential.

I've said this before to friends, some of them don't agree mind you, but go back through Babel's highlight videos on youtube from the time he was with Ajax, most his best work seems to come when he's going through the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Liverpool fans would be foolish to let this performance go to their heads considering the quality of the performance of the opposition.

Another dire performance by villa and not much evidence to suggest an upturn in fortunes.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Liverpool fans would be foolish to let this performance go to their heads considering the quality of the performance of the opposition.

Another dire performance by villa and not much evidence to suggest an upturn in fortunes.

Oh don't worry, our next away performance will put us back in the woe is us box again, although it is against Newcastle, and who knows how that will go. W ehave a great recent record at James' park, but it could go any way to be honest given the 2 teams playing. There will be goals anyways I'd predict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hard to fathom alright, I suppose they raise their game for the big matches. And they still threw away a two goal lead.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Agreed, but they're not total mugs. Just two weeks ago they utterly outplayed Man United for 80 minutes.

And many people write us off without Torres and Gerrard, claim we are a two man team and what not, so it's very pleasing to win so comfortably without those two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Interesting. Lucas and Maxi have been very, very good thus far this season imo.

AND: Meireles / Lucas > Gerrard / A.N. Other

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Interesting. Lucas and Maxi have been very, very good thus far this season imo.

AND: Meireles / Lucas > Gerrard / A.N. Other

Maxi was gash (to use one of your own words) for the first few games this season, but in the last half dozen games, he has been one of our better performers, and is actually a goal threat now as well which is good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Maxi was gash (to use one of your own words) for the first few games this season, but in the last half dozen games, he has been one of our better performers, and is actually a goal threat now as well which is good to see.

We had a lot of players who were gash the first few games of the season! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

5starpool wrote: »
    last year too he had short spells of form, got us a few goals iirc. Showed nice promise, would have loved to have him here in he's prime!

Its nice too see confidence building within the squad. Hoping now we can bring that with us in into away games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hey fellers, I'm only in from the pub, missed the game. Anybody got a link to the goals from tonight's game???

Agreed, but they're not total mugs. Just two weeks ago they utterly outplayed Man United for 80 minutes.

And many people write us off without Torres and Gerrard, claim we are a two man team and what not, so it's very pleasing to win so comfortably without those two.

Then got utterly spanked by arsenal. That was a worse spanking there than they got tonight and there have been several other poor performances in the mean time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hey fellers, I'm only in from the pub, missed the game. Anybody got a link to the goals from tonight's game???

Was looking for highlights myself but no joy yet. Can see highlights of the goals only here.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/liverpool-put-three-past-aston-villa/75525/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'm sure most of us have our heads screwed on. Cheers for the advice though, i'll cancel my order for that bottle of champagne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Villa have been utter muck this season, 2 league wins out of 13 under Houllier! Don't let the door hit you on the way out you Liverpool loving c**t! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Raekwon wrote: »
    Villa have been utter muck this season, 2 league wins out of 13 under Houllier! Don't let the door hit you on the way out you Liverpool loving c**t! :mad:

Classy, evocative yet sensitive... 3 words which i'd use to describe Daniel day Lewis' role as christy Browne in the award winning movie My Left Foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Classy, evocative yet sensitive... 3 words which i'd use to describe Daniel day Lewis' role as christy Browne in the award winning movie My Left Foot.

Kudos to you sir for your wry wit and rumbustious charm.........I really hope that you are in such a boisterous mood when manager-less Newcastle tear you a new arsehole this coming weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Liverpool played well last night, some nice slick passing too. A bit of consistancy now is what's needed.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Liverpool played well last night, some nice slick passing too. A bit of consistancy now is what's needed.

Someone has hacked into Muppets account :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I watched a decent bit of this last night, yis won at a canter. But anyway what was with the atmopshere last night? All I heard was Villa fans for most of the game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

RasTa wrote: »
    I watched a decent bit of this last night, yis won at a canter. But anyway what was with the atmopshere last night? All I heard was Villa fans for most of the game....

In fairness it's not much different to Old Trafford when we're walking a game after a couple of early goals. Outside of a core of maybe 6-10 thousand the rest only rouse themselves when it looks like we're going to score again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

i thought the crowd was very quiet.
    I was watching on an espn stream, and then a skysports stream and you could hear a lot of shouting from players, and from mangers. maybe the sound mixing was off?

even at the end of the game there wasnt an audible cheer from the crowd?

jebidiah wrote: »
    i thought the crowd was very quiet.
    I was watching on an espn stream, and then a skysports stream and you could hear a lot of shouting from players, and from mangers. maybe the sound mixing was off?

even at the end of the game there wasnt an audible cheer from the crowd?

There wasn't a lot to cheer was there?

I doubt even Liverpool fans were in the mood for making a racket given the level of opposition they faced, despite a 3-0 victory

Raekwon wrote: »

Finally, people are beginning to see the light

Advertisement