Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big Hike

• 06-12-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    It's been a while since I've started a thread and thought this was worthy. Last Friday in the dept of the snow I went for a huge hike up to three rock. It was absolutely amazing looking. Here's just a few of the shots, the rest can be see on my blog.

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-126-Edit.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-029.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-123.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-138.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-144.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-310.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-3240-Edit.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-332.jpg

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-398.png

Three-Rock-Snow-Dublin-Mountain-IMG_3231.jpg

Thanks for looking!
    Kyle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I quite like some of them but all I can see is KYLE TUNNEY KYLE TUNNEY in big swirley letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Excellent shots there Kyle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd cut a few out of that set - the two in the middle hold no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Zillah wrote: »
    I quite like some of them but all I can see is KYLE TUNNEY KYLE TUNNEY in big swirley letters.

Given the way copyright laws are changing and generally being ignored around the internet these days...I cant blame him.

Lovely images KJT...took me a while to spot the deer!

Regarding his watermark, i'd actually say if he was worried about people stealing his images, then he should put it in the centre and make it transparent. The surrounding areas of his watermark in some photos above is just plain white. It'd be easy enough to clone it out.

But that's a whole different argument.

I really, really love the first shot. I think it's absolutely brilliant. I like the rest, but I do think you should cut a few out, less is more, and all that, but the first is definitely the best for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

It's a great set Kyle. I particularly like 7, 8 and 10. I like 9 too but there are some straight edges showing from the original shot that could do with being blended in. How does the deer shot look in colour ?

Edit: just tilted my screen and see that they are supposed to be two distinct images in 9. I thought you had blended them. Might look nice blended together :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Lovely stuff there Kyle, even looking on my iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

1 and 4 FTW. Epic stuff Kyle, fair play for getting there, it's a tough enough walk at the best of times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Really love the lighting in number 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Glad some of you enjoyed the shots!

IMO I don't think the logo takes from the shots too much. It's not there to stop somebody stealing the shot, if you really want to copy a photo online, there is no way to stop it happening. I have it there so that if people save the image for inspiration, or to come back to later they know who took the shot.

Nice to see the logo was as interesting as the photos ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement