Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL Week 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

i still wouldn't turn them down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I am still amazed at how far Will got in that competition.

I have worked in several industries and can think of easily 20 factory floor operatives that are well ahead of him on many fronts.

Was he picked for the show because they believed some of the ladies would fancy him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

dixiefly wrote: »

I have worked in several industries and can think of easily 20 factory floor operatives that are well ahead of him on many fronts.

Was he picked for the show because they believed some of the ladies would fancy him?

Yup! Tis always nice to have someone to balance out having to look at Bill each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

hiscan wrote: »
    I see Brian Dowling has switched seats to be closer to Panos.

Panos can lead from behind don't you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

His background fitted in with Bills. A bit of 2+2=5 maths.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Ah Panos's best bits were the funniest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Amazing how these two lightweights made the last 4, Christ I hope the IMF etc were not watching our European standing is low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

patmac wrote: »
    Amazing how these two lightweights made the last 4, Christ I hope the IMF etc were not watching our European standing is low enough.

In fairness Niamh was one of the best candidates and definitely deserves to win it now.

Just a pity Barry self destructed.

patmac wrote: »

Yep, the IMF base their opinons of Ireland on a reality show ran by a car dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

kippy wrote: »
    Yep, the IMF base their opinons of Ireland on a reality show ran by a car dealer.

Well in that case the scrappage scheme is around to stay....

Don't forget he's not just a car dealer - he owns a couple of hotels and some property (in negative equity, of course) too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Is there

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

He's not a even a proper Car Dealer anymore; Renault bought the Glencullen company that owned the distribution right back off him. And curiously they've corrected declining sales figures too. Hmmm...

Shane732 wrote: »
    Well in that case the scrappage scheme is around to stay....

Don't forget he's not just a car dealer - he owns a couple of hotels and some property (in negative equity, of course) too.

Indeed, a hotel owner as well......we all own hotels and indeed property in negative equity now so thats no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Last year "Ger-il-deen" got to the semis don't forget and gave me my Irish TV Moment of the Year

Interviewer: What do you think makes Bill tick?
    Ger-il-deen: I tink wat makes Bill tick is wen he sayz somethen to somewan and dey don't do it.

Comedy gold!

I assume Dr. Bill wants to give some inner city kids a shot at the title or at least be seen to have a soft spot for "da salt a dee irth" peeples of d'inner city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

he also has a big thing for reformed alcos, strippers and grannies
    some operation you're running there bill

Tom Fiat wrote: »
    he also has a big thing for reformed alcos, strippers and grannies
    some operation you're running there bill

But dats reel life expeer-e-ance, not dat waffle dem young wans do be learnin in dem colleges and wat not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

martyoo - No spoilers allowed. Post deleted. Take a break until after the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I think Will was chosen because they wanted another Breffney-type character.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Last night was a complete cringe-fest

Bill is a complete plank and his crony Gavin Duffy is no better God what was he like

Ironic thing is that there is no way Alan Sugar would give Bill Cullen a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I heard Gavin on Ian Dempsey's show this morning. He said that he has been approached by the UK version to be one of the interviewers in their version.

• Advertisement

Oh Dear God

Before long all I'll be able to watch is sport and box sets!

Mr E wrote: »
    I heard Gavin on Ian Dempsey's show this morning. He said that he has been approached by the UK version to be one of the interviewers in their version.

What? Gavin talking about how amazing he is? I don't believe it.

I had a long enough post about the apprentice in the "main thread" but feel it is warranted there as well.

There were two points in this show which really summed up how awful it is ( I watch this every week for the sheer entertainment but it is awfully badly done).
    One was earlier this season when Bill stated you shouldnt mix business with pleasure or words to that effect when rumours of romance among the contestants was rife ( I suspect there was no romance, just a bit of a publicity stunt but still....)
    This is the same guy who sits up there ever week and who is in business with his partner??

Then this week, the whole escapade about Michelle and her modeling........
    How can any one take that being an issue seriously when Jackie herself is a former model?

I dunno, the interviews really are a joke.

During the interviews they kept referring to the "high profile position"

Which is gas because I dont think I have ever heard a whisper about any of the previous winners once the show finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tom Fiat

Cant be bringing shame to the glencullen group now can you..
    it is high profile the day after the final show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

During the interviews they kept referring to the "high profile position"

Which is gas because I dont think I have ever heard a whisper about any of the previous winners once the show finished.

well Steve Raynor was seen shovelling snow in last january's cold snap....is that high profile enough for ya?
    in fairness, I'd shovel plenty more than snow for €100k! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

rebel10 wrote: »
    Yup, the only two foreign contestants!! Typical!:rolleyes:

dey took er jerbs!
    gatecrash wrote: »
    hehe

oh god....mental image of jackie as a p/b bunny

MAKE IT STOP PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEE
    Haddockman wrote: »
    I need to wash my eyes with bleach to get rid of that image.

I dont know what the hate is for jackie, she's one fine MILF! [except that PS'd Image that was posted just before ;) ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Michell will make a fool of the other one in the final. Niamh is too meek to stand against her with any type of confidence.

she has the best kind of confidence, confidence in herself which she doesnt feel the need to be arogant about, shes no pushover, and you cant rattle her either, she has been through something tough, you dont get like this without having some kind of baggage and getting through it.
    next week we will see her true colours, and whether or not not she can step up, sould be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Saila wrote: »
    dey took er jerbs!]
    Oh no sorry, wasn't a rant, was just trying to say that it's typical that we would have to "outsource" any kind of talent once again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

Little Ted wrote: »
    well Steve Raynor was seen shovelling snow in last january's cold snap....is that high profile enough for ya?
    in fairness, I'd shovel plenty more than snow for €100k! :D

a 100K PACKAGE ..... That means Bill gave him a car worth 80 grand and pays him 20K.

Advertisement