Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice IRL Week 12

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭positron

If Gavin Duffy were to interview me like he did to Michelle, I would ask him first to define what he considers as indecent. Was he brought up by priests? In any case if someone treats me like that in an interview and says they represent my future employer - I would tell them to outright that I am NOT interested to work with someone who would employ someone like Gavin Duffy!

Absolute piss take really - looks like he is confusing interview to interrogation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭pietromas

Woah! Have the repeat show on in the background here and am listening to the interviews.

These guys are professional recruiters? You'd think they'd know it's illegal to question a candidate about their age, family and their socio-economic background, never mind their religion and sexuality!

I'd sue if I was a loosing candidate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pietromas wrote: »
    Woah! Have the repeat show on in the background here and am listening to the interviews.

These guys are professional recruiters? You'd think they'd know it's illegal to question a candidate about their age, family and their socio-economic background, never mind their religion and sexuality!

I'd sue if I was a loosing candidate :D

This point has been raised before and has been explained as being for televisual purposes. Yes, they know the legalities, but this is a made for tv show, not a real job interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Wasn't there a newspaper article printed recently of an interview with the winner of the first series of the irish apprentice which showed up her time working for Bill Cullen in a less than flattering light.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

orourkeda wrote: »
    Wasn't there a newspaper article printed recently of an interview with the winner of the first series of the irish apprentice which showed up her time working for Bill Cullen in a less than flattering light.

Yeah Brenda is from my home town; she was working for him in Muckross and left because of the pressure of it - Jackie was tough to deal with and they tried to cut her salary down from €100k to €70k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

What is she doing now? anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

brousuka wrote: »
    What is she doing now? anyone know?

anyone care?

cson wrote: »
    Yeah Brenda is from my home town; she was working for him in Muckross and left because of the pressure of it - Jackie was tough to deal with and they tried to cut her salary down from €100k to €70k.

She was never on €100K, the prize is a €100K package, not salary - there have been several posts on the package vs salary offered on boards since The Apprentice started. The package includes car etc. and I'd assume as Brenda was in Muckross, she was getting her accommodation as part of the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Luis21 wrote: »
    a 100K PACKAGE ..... That means Bill gave him a car worth 80 grand and pays him 20K.

But Bill also said in a radio interview that the first thing he'd be doing to Steve would be giving him a 20% pay cut, just like all the rest of his employees got.
    The poor guy hadn't even started and his package was cut by 20k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Who would like to see the rest of the apprentice????

<snip>

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »

Thats the girl from Galway isn't it.

I was absolutely 100% tha Niamh was going to win bit there you go. I thought she has more about her.

Just as well I wasn't listening to newstalk this morning.

Heroditas wrote: »
    But Bill also said in a radio interview that the first thing he'd be doing to Steve would be giving him a 20% pay cut, just like all the rest of his employees got.
    The poor guy hadn't even started and his package was cut by 20k.

can't do that, it's breech of contract

also, the show last night specifically said 100k salary,

stevieob wrote: »
    can't do that, it's breech of contract

also, the show last night specifically said 100k salary,

It's not a breach as nothing had been signed - Steve could have walked away if he wanted.

They may have said €100k salary but again, as has been pointed out here before, it's not. What are the candidates going to do? Walk away? The big prize on offer is really the publicity and potential to go into business/media after your year with Dr. Bill is up.

the contracts get signed before they go on the show in the first place

the contracts get signed before they go on the show in the first place

No, you sign a contract to take part in the show, not a job contract.

well i have not seen one of the contracts
    but as it is well advertised, i presume the contract to go on the show is to compete to win a position worth 100k per year?
    i mean, thats what they say it is, so it has to be a breech of some kind of contract to then offer less. i mean, you can conceed and take less if you are foolish enough to, but i wouldn't

well i have not seen one of the contracts
    but as it is well advertised, i presume the contract to go on the show is to compete to win a position worth 100k per year?
    i mean, thats what they say it is, so it has to be a breech of some kind of contract to then offer less. i mean, you can conceed and take less if you are foolish enough to, but i wouldn't

I haven't either, but I know someone involved with the show. The contract is to take part and agree to all the confidentiality clauses, that's pretty much all. It doesn't go into specifics about the prize(s) offered as I assume a lot of it isn't finalised until the last minute.

sounds like a scam to me so!

sounds like a scam to me so!

Yes, and X factor is real too. It's a TV Show ffs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement