If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Freesat Recorder DMR-BS880

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

Dave recently sorted me out with a P42V20 HD TV and it's wonderful (though it does show up the comparatively poor quality of SD transmissions!), so now I want to get a Freesat recorder too. Can you me give the best price for the BS-880, if you can get one for me?

Many Thanks.

Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ogormant

John/Dave,

Any info for me on this one yet?

Terry

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ogormant wrote: »
    John/Dave,

Any info for me on this one yet?

Terry

Apologies for the delay- I did go shopping for you but it's not one we normally stock at present unfortunately.

I do have a one of the DMR BS850 left that I would do at £299.95 to clear?

Thnaks and again apologies for the delay getting back to you,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John,

Thanks for trying for me, I'll examine the spec of the BS850 and give you an answer today.

Terry

John,

Yes, I'll take that BS850, it seems to do everything I need. Dave should have my address and payment details on file from last month, but I'll PM my address to you for confirmation.

Terry

John,

There's been complete radio silence on this one, despite my PM. Can you tell me where we are on it?

-- tog

• Advertisement

ogormant wrote: »
    John,

There's been complete radio silence on this one, despite my PM. Can you tell me where we are on it?

-- tog

T,

apologies Mea Culpa - PM sent and your order is now on the system - one of the guys will give you a shout!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if you might have another 850 or an 880 in stock, please?

Terry, how has this been working out for you? Is it true that the quality is great but the menus are a bit annoying?

And a basic question - does it output surround sound when playing discs?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭navannoel

John,

I would also like to take one of the Panasonic freesat recorders BS850 if you have any left. Can you PM me and let me know, I will give payment details etc.

Regards

Noel

Just to check with you if any of these are in stock? Actually if you have one set up in store, I'd be really interested in seeing a demo of it.

edanto wrote: »
    Just to check with you if any of these are in stock? Actually if you have one set up in store, I'd be really interested in seeing a demo of it.

Guys apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are still trying to catch up after the 1st phase of the sale (the sale is still ongoing BTW!!!)

Unfortunately guys the Pana 850 is now a finished line for us - Terry managed to (eventually) snaffle the last one.

Give me a shout if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

No worries. Would you have any alternatives available?

I've moved into a new place which has an unused satellite dish on it, and I'm basically looking to see if I can buy a box which will give us a good selection of channels and no subscription.

The 850 and 880 are attractive since they have two tuners and the recording box.

Do you have anything similar set up in the shop as demos? What would you recommend?

No worries. Would you have any alternatives available?

I've moved into a new place which has an unused satellite dish on it, and I'm basically looking to see if I can buy a box which will give us a good selection of channels and no subscription.

The 850 and 880 are attractive since they have two tuners and the recording box.

Do you have anything similar set up in the shop as demos? What would you recommend?

No Brainer - ask anyone what they think of this product!

Humax Foxsat HDR

Twin tuner, watch one/record one or record two at the same time.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks.

This might be a stupid question, but with that box can I pick up FreeSat (UK channels) and Saorview/Sat (not sure if SaorSat is available at the moment, but I gather it's on the way).

Can I easily flick between them or would I have to move the dish etc?

Only just starting off on this research, thanks!

Thanks.

This might be a stupid question, but with that box can I pick up FreeSat (UK channels) and Saorview/Sat (not sure if SaorSat is available at the moment, but I gather it's on the way).

Can I easily flick between them or would I have to move the dish etc?

Only just starting off on this research, thanks!

Edanto,

Saorsat has not launched at the moment and the Humax is Freesat HD only and does not have any Irish TV channels on it's platform (it does have RTE1/2/Lyric)

Good luck with the research,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.