Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario galaxy 2 or new donkey kong game?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

Any advice from those that hVebplayed these games would be great thanks!

Which game is worth the 45 euro??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Well while they're both probably worth it, SMG2 is the better game.
    Do you have any Donkey Kong Country nostalgia? Because that would help in your enjoyment of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wanna get DKCR but SMG2 is game of the year for me (even though I never finished it :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yeah heard galaxy 2 is class alright excited bout getting them both at some stage only bought Wii do Mario wario Zelda and dk games other titles don't really appeal tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

SMG2 without a doubt, one of the best games this generation.

rang game blanch and asked do u have galaxy 2 for sale, was told yes its 44.99. i said ok save some cash to my self and asked do u have it preowned? guy said yes we have a few copies do u want me to hold one for you i said yes how much will i be saving?

i tell u no word of a lie its 43euro second hand LOL u rip off bastards game
    FFS i mean 1.99 saving on a game thats a year old???? now thats the kinda thing that pisses me off about game or gamestop!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

rang game blanch and asked do u have galaxy 2 for sale, was told yes its 44.99. i said ok save some cash to my self and asked do u have it preowned? guy said yes we have a few copies do u want me to hold one for you i said yes how much will i be saving?

i tell u no word of a lie its 43euro second hand LOL u rip off bastards game
    FFS i mean 1.99 saving on a game thats a year old???? now thats the kinda thing that pisses me off about game or gamestop!!!!

SMG2 is only 5 months old, it came out in July. Its al about supply and demand anyway, AAA rated games always hold their value for a longer period because they are in constant demand, especially Mario.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rubbish, it's a rip off pure and simple.

SMG2 is only 5 months old, it came out in July. Its al about supply and demand anyway, AAA rated games always hold their value for a longer period because they are in constant demand, especially Mario.

Cant believe your saying it's ok for game shops to rip people off!!!! Bet u work there lol!

Loads of games could be counted as aaa as u put it but naturally prices drop so is it ok for me to play a game for 6 months and then advertise on adverts saying a bargain at 2 euro less than release day rrp??

Now come on ted be serious lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Cant believe your saying it's ok for game shops to rip people off!!!! Bet u work there lol!

Loads of games could be counted as aaa as u put it but naturally prices drop so is it ok for me to play a game for 6 months and then advertise on adverts saying a bargain at 2 euro less than release day rrp??

Now come on ted be serious lol

Where did I ever say its ok for Shops to rip people off?????

Shops will sell games for whatever people are willing to pay for them, thats the only point I'm making. Equally you can put a game on adverts for any price you want but nobody has to buy it, its the same with the shops, if you think its a rip off don't pay it.

Remember the shops don't owe you cheap games.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Sure cod4 was still 40euro up until Blackops came out

• Advertisement

Where did I ever say its ok for Shops to rip people off?????

Shops will sell games for whatever people are willing to pay for them, thats the only point I'm making. Equally you can put a game on adverts for any price you want but nobody has to buy it, its the same with the shops, if you think its a rip off don't pay it.

Remember the shops don't owe you cheap games.

YAWN!!! ;)

Ok thanks for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What improvements/alterations have been made in SMG2? I really like the first one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Galvasean wrote: »
    What improvements/alterations have been made in SMG2? I really like the first one.

It really just more of the same with even more imagination. TBH it really didn't need to be changed since the first game was pretty much perfect so it's not a bad thing at all. SMG2 is basically SMG1 but better.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It really just more of the same with even more imagination. TBH it really didn't need to be changed since the first game was pretty much perfect so it's not a bad thing at all. SMG2 is basically SMG1 but better.
    i have not played either galaxy tbh cant wait to try them though have not seen one average review never mind a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I've played DKCR. It's very good, better than the snes games, but also extremely difficult. Never played SMG2, only the first one. If you prefer NSMB Wii to SMG then you'll probably be better off with DKCR.

i ended up getting both as part of a bundle with wii etc. my missus put the wii up til xmas the f###ing b##ch lol

dying to play the galaxy games in particular had nsmb before and it was a really well made game imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lucyxxx

What game would you recommend for a 15 year old girl? Got a wii for Christmas and I have sports, sports resorts and wii fit and was looking to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Donkey Kong. Which has the most enjoyment and last out of it? Like what do you do in each? I don't want it to be sort of a one time game where once you finish like one part or game it's over.
    Reading this, Mario Galaxy is better but what do you do in both and what would you recommend?
    Also, can you use them for both single and 2 players?
    Thanks and sorry to come in on the thread.

Lucyxxx wrote: »
    What game would you recommend for a 15 year old girl? Got a wii for Christmas and I have sports, sports resorts and wii fit and was looking to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Donkey Kong. Which has the most enjoyment and last out of it? Like what do you do in each? I don't want it to be sort of a one time game where once you finish like one part or game it's over.
    Reading this, Mario Galaxy is better but what do you do in both and what would you recommend?
    Also, can you use them for both single and 2 players?
    Thanks and sorry to come in on the thread.

For a 15 year old girl I recommend new super Mario bros very good straight forward and the game plays great!

Between donkey and galaxy I say galaxy but donkey is still a great game IMO

No need to apologise bout coming into the conversation as your more than welcome and if we can help u at all we will

Advertisement