Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loud neighbours

• 06-12-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭

hey guys

wondering if you can advise, we have an apartment above ours and the walls are thin.

we can hear the music blarred and the couple fighting. its not your typical scream at each other fighting that most couples do, its that she goes completely physico on him mostly about money!!! (they are both on 21 and been living together for years and i feel they are playing house and not very responsible and think they know everything) it is very annoying to listen to as she really be-littles him. the other night she screamed 'stop crying like a girl' she is one vicious person when she screams at him

they are nice to our faces when we bump into them in the hall, our relationship with them is friendly but after hearing what we hear i dont trust her and feel uneasy around her

the other night we went to bed at 12 after listening to them fighting and there was loud music on and me and my partner couldnt sleep. he went up to request to lower it down which was fine. when we went back to be we heard the guy go into the room, say somethin(i presume was downstairs needs music turned down as they are sleeping) to which she responded ' WHY DIDNT YOU TELL HIM TO F-OFF'

the music was turned down but i was very uneasy expecting a knock at the door to scream at my partner.

it was funny when we moved in but now the fighting is getting unbearable.... advise people :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

have you tried contacting the management company ?

its their responsibility to deal with such matters as loud noises (outside of permitted hours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I suppose you could call the guards and report what sounds like a potentially dangerous domestic situation; they dont have a lot of power to do anything about the noise but maybe a visit from the guards might make your neighbours cop on a bit.

Other than that Id suggest the management company is the best people to talk to. Or is they are renting and you can find out who their landlord is then keep contacting them until they get sick of you and do something about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

hey guys thank you for the advise. the building we are in holds two appartments, mine and theirs. they are our only neighbours and if the cops or management company contact them they will know it is us

the music isnt very frequent but the main thing is her screaming at him!!! i dont want to get involved by knocking at the door and discusing my concern as it is none of my business as it is done in their home, but it is frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Youre going to have to involve someone if you want it sorted out. If you dont think that approaching them yourself is a good idea then it has to be the management company or the guards. Only other option is to find somewhere else to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

jjjade wrote: »
    hey guys thank you for the advise. the building we are in holds two appartments, mine and theirs. they are our only neighbours and if the cops or management company contact them they will know it is us

the music isnt very frequent but the main thing is her screaming at him!!! i dont want to get involved by knocking at the door and discusing my concern as it is none of my business as it is done in their home, but it is frustrating

She doen't have a Cork accent by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Blackjack wrote: »
    She doen't have a Cork accent by any chance?

I'm the other victim here :D

Nah she has a very strong dub accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

thorbarry wrote: »
    I'm the other victim here :D

Nah she has a very strong dub accent

Ah right. Had a similar problem with a loud Cork sounding woman next door a while back.

They've moved now, thank fúck.

Advertisement