Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Lenihan is officially the worst Finance minister according to the FT

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

sceptre wrote: »
    With moderator hat on, those of you who reported the original post could do well to note that we don't censor opinions. Even if the original post existed to promote the notion that Lenihan should be given some leeway due to his illness, that's a point of view. Please don't report a post for merely expressing an opinion that disagrees with yours. That's silly. This board exists for the exchange of views and opinions.

I thought we were supposed to report off-topic posts ? And none of Lenihan's choices or policies have been affected by his illness, so raising that issue is off-topic, no ? ;)

If he was Minister for Health and allocated a massive budget to cancer research then it would be relevant to discuss whether his illness was dictating his actions / affecting his job & judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I thought we were supposed to report off-topic posts ? And none of Lenihan's choices or policies have been affected by his illness, so raising that issue is off-topic, no ? ;)

If he was Minister for Health and allocated a massive budget to cancer research then it would be relevant to discuss whether his illness was dictating his actions / affecting his job & judgement
    Off-topic wasn't included as a reason by anyone who reported the post. And in any case, there's minor (possibly subjective) off-topic and taking the thread into off-topic wackyland (aka hijacking). Reporting the latter is generally far more useful.

As you well know, discussion of moderation is done in the first instance by PMing the moderator rather than on-thread (in this case that'd obviously be me (convenient link) and you're free to do so), so it'd be cool if you kept that in mind if you'd like to do that rather than doing it on the thread, which for some reason you've chosen to do, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

They pay financial advisors to help them as they obviously haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

They pay financial advisors to help them as they obviously haven't a clue.

And then they ignore them :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement