Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled assessment

Options
  • 06-12-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Can anyone point me in the wright direction on how to go about getting my trade assessed with out going trough an agent as they have been quoting me anywhere from 1500-2000 euro, they have told me that it is only a one day coarse and once i pass, i will have the relevant papers that are required to apply for a skilled visa, where do i find or contact these assessors?

Oh ya, its for oz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Number 5

Can anyone point me in the wright direction on how to go about getting my trade assessed with out going trough an agent as they have been quoting me anywhere from 1500-2000 euro, they have told me that it is only a one day coarse and once i pass, i will have the relevant papers that are required to apply for a skilled visa, where do i find or contact these assessors?

Oh ya, its for oz
    Are you talking about doing a Cert 3 course?
    Who said skills assessment only takes one day, it can take anything from 3 weeks plus to get your skills assessed and approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Number 5 wrote: »
    Are you talking about doing a Cert 3 course?
    Who said skills assessment only takes one day, it can take anything from 3 weeks plus to get your skills assessed and approved.

No, i have no certified qualifications in my construction trade, but you can do a one day coarse that will get you get you the relevant certs to entitle me to apply for a skilled visa. The agencies can arrange for this to be done but obviously they are taking a cut.

Your correct in saying that, Cert 3 is for carpentry which if you have no qualifications from Ireland gives you a trade cert after one day. The cert 3 costs $1500 for the day, not sure what cert is required for Construction but will try and see if I can find it out for you.

Agencies take alot of cuts but sometimes if your application is a bit complicated its good to have the advice of an agency to point you in the right direction.

Hi Second time lucky to reply not sure what happened the last one

A Cert 3 is for carpenters and it takes one day, guys do it when they don't have any formal qualification in carpentry but have the experience.

It costs approx $1500 for the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement