Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap fuel - East Cork

Options
  • 06-12-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Does anyone know where in East Cork is reasonable for 40kg bags of coal? I don't have much storage space so can't buy in bulk....just 2/3 bags at a time. I paid EUR17 for a bag in the Co-Op in Midleton the other day, but my dad says that he just pays EUR25 for 2 x 40 kg bags in Skibbereen. Anyone know of any similar offers in East Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

o sheas fuels next to the dock yard
    in cobh are €15 each

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The best prices seem to be the creameries; not sure that is the right name in Cork? farm shop co-ops? Under E15 there.. that was after we were charged e17 at a garage near Skib...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

midgej wrote: »
    Does anyone know where in East Cork is reasonable for 40kg bags of coal? I don't have much storage space so can't buy in bulk....just 2/3 bags at a time. I paid EUR17 for a bag in the Co-Op in Midleton the other day, but my dad says that he just pays EUR25 for 2 x 40 kg bags in Skibbereen. Anyone know of any similar offers in East Cork?

Check out Tattans on the Dungourney road on the left just leaving Midleton , got a great deal on briquettes two weeks ago.Bought a bulk order 55c a bale cheaper than the Dairygold store in Ballinacurra

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dannloads

Hi Midgej
    Remember that you usually get what you pay for; Apparently there are different qualities in coal; CoOp do 2 types (apart from smokeless): the one of lower quality is named "house" and costs €11.90 the bag as compared to the €17 "polish premium" but I was told that it gives less heat/doesn't last as long.
    Now they have an offer for 5 house type bags for €55 or for 5 briquettes and 5 bags of Polish for 85 but whatever quality you go for you would need to store the bags on top of each other (but in my opinion it's still worth it, can put a bit of plastic on top as well to "hide" them...)
    Hope this helps
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

bertie1 wrote: »
    Check out Tattans on the Dungourney road on the left just leaving Midleton , got a great deal on briquettes two weeks ago.Bought a bulk order 55c a bale cheaper than the Dairygold store in Ballinacurra

That's good value, but can I ask how many you purchased to get that price? A pallet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sans2010

McDonnell Bros in Saleen are selling 5 Bags Polish Coal for €68. Great Value, I have a large Plastic Storage Box outside the back door and get 1 full bag in it at a time, very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭hillviewfarm

Anyone know who is presently selling the cheapest coal in East Cork. I am looking for about a ton or so. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

place in glounthane across from the garage got 4 20kg bags 2 bags of blocks 1 bag of turf and a bag of kindling for 45 euro

Advertisement