Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airport Take Away - Swords Rd/Whitehall

Options
  • 06-12-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I noticed that this chipper has been closed for over 2 weeks now.
    Anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

No idea why but what a fail! Definately the best chips in Dublin, used to live around there but havent been in a long time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

theres a sign on the shutter but I never walk by, only drive :( hopefully its just a temp thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Great spot to pop into on the way out from town before blasting up the M1 to get home and start munching on their quality food.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Milan Cobian

The sign says it's closed due to family circumstances for the foreseeable future. Hopefully they get it sorted out, they make the best chips I know of on the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

That's a shame. Rimini, just around the corner on Collin's Avenue (eastbound from N1) also does a mighty bag of chips, for those who are in need of nourishment along that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Still closed. It is due to family circumstances but I won't go into detail here as it's just heresay.
    Now closed for 3-4 weeks at this stage. I don't think they'll be in a rush to open afaik they're back in Italy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

Ste- wrote: »
    Still closed. It is due to family circumstances but I won't go into detail here as it's just heresay.
    Now closed for 3-4 weeks at this stage. I don't think they'll be in a rush to open afaik they're back in Italy at the moment.

I get on really well with the family in there.
    Did someone die?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Chipper is apparently now open again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is it still run by Pedro and Luigi? Great chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Splinter wrote: »
    Chipper is apparently now open again :)

It's been open since Saturday/Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The most overated chiper in Dublin.

Advertisement