Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 530 gone down - please help!

• 06-12-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a Dell Inspiron 530, approx 2.5 years old, which went down at the weekend. When I switch it on it goes beep, beep, beep beep and nothing happens - no input to the screen which just switches over to power saver mode.

Could anyone recommend a decent repair shop or individual that could look at this for me? I'm an art student and need this computer really badly - needless to say none of the stuff on the hard drive was backed up. :eek:

I'm based near Bruff in Co. Limerick but anywhere in Limerick city or county would be great. I don't want to take it to the first place I come across because I'm afraid of being ripped off and made to buy something new or paying over the odds for a repair.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Ah yes, the old Post beeps.
    If you find the manual the sequence of beeps are meant to identify the problem.
    You just need to check that everything is seated right inside the PC.
    Normally is a Ram module that's come loose & just needs clicking back in.
    While it's open check every power & ribbon connection.

If it persists then take all but one of your ram stick out & see if you can identify a faulty stick or motherboard connection.
    Also unplug all external USB's (printer/mouse etc.)

You should be able to isolate the offending component.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Rabidlamb, you're a star! Relieved it's nothing horrid - yet. Will try as you suggest - thankyou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

4 beeps on an Inspiron 530 indicates a RAM issue. Try reseating the RAM.

If reseating the RAM doesn't help, shuffle the sticks around and see if you can identify a dodgy one: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267330-30-inspiron-530s-desktop-beeps

Advertisement