Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 bus not serving ucd

Options
  • 06-12-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Before my phone dies I want to inform ye the 17 is NOT running through belfield. Nearest stop is fosters ave. I was waiting fifty minutes and check the db site off my phone. I pit notes up at both stops so hopefully no one is stuck waiting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

Before my phone dies I want to inform ye the 17 is NOT running through belfield. Nearest stop is fosters ave. I was waiting fifty minutes and check the db site off my phone. I pit notes up at both stops so hopefully no one is stuck waiting
    Fair play man, saving alot of people waiting around, including myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

That was so good of you. Good to know there are sensible students around :). Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Where's fosters avenue?? i really dont fancy walking 2 miles in the snow and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

saw it there today actually.many thanks i would of stood at that bus stop for ages waiting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Where's fosters avenue?? i really dont fancy walking 2 miles in the snow and cold

Walk to the 39a/2/3/17 bus stop, but keep going until you see traffic lights. Continue walking up to where Roebuck Halls and Merville are, and keep going until you reach a T-Junction (off campus). That's Foster's Avenue. If you turn right, there will be a 17 bus stop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I don't understand why the 17 was unable to make it into Belfield but every other bus was. Perhaps the fosters avenue entrance was too icy.

I thought it was poor form that Dublin Bus couldn't communicate to other bus drivers working on the 39A or 3 to put a note up or simply tell idiots like myself that were waiting at the stop to go to Fosters Avenue. It was probably because those buses operate out of different garages but it added about 2 hours onto my five mile journey home.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

I don't understand why the 17 was unable to make it into Belfield but every other bus was. Perhaps the fosters avenue entrance was too icy.

I thought it was poor form that Dublin Bus couldn't communicate to other bus drivers working on the 39A or 3 to put a note up or simply tell idiots like myself that were waiting at the stop to go to Fosters Avenue. It was probably because those buses operate out of different garages but it added about 2 hours onto my five mile journey home.

The company employs a group of idiots (chief inspectors) that have warm Ford Focuses. One of their tasks is to apply signs to stops when diversions are in place. Its not as if Donnybrook depot is that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

does anyone know if the 17s serving ucd again, and if not when it will be?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Unable to serve Bangor Rd, operating via Crumlin Village onto Crumlin Rd. Unable to serve Bath Place, operating from Blackrock Main St.

Keep a closee on this site, seems to be ok now.

Advertisement