Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If its feels right - is it?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was living a life where everything I did was measured in units - cars, houses, money etc (weren't we all?) I found the more I had the less I held precious.
    That was until the dark cloud positioned itself over the emerald isle and set up a community centre for dark clouds. During this time I spent a lot of it reflecting deciding what I wanted for me, what sort of person I was, what sort of dad and friend I was and where I wanted to position myself in this cosmos.

Then it dawned on me...

Just do what feels right!!! So I started asking myself, before attempting anything or commuting to anything, if it feels right then follow your instinct and guess what....

It works!!! We are more advanced and sensitive then most people remember - you are more conscious of the world then you think. So instead of stressing or worrying over decisions and money just ask yourself what feels right and then pursue.

If it feels right - IT IS!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Whilst I know you mean well my problem with these kinda things are that evil persons will do things that feel right to them,like a child molester may think it "feels right" to rape a kid,or a bank robber may think it "feels right" to get that extra cash,there has to be more to positivity than just feelings, you have to be aware to know what is right as opposed to just what feels right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Isn't this the basic principle of paganism? Do what you like, but do no harm. I think the do no harm bit is important (see child molester argument above!) Unfortunately i don't think it holds up to much scrutiny as you always have to do things you don't like, leave a comfy bed and go to work in the snow for example, if we didn't do things like that society as we know it would fall asunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

I agree but everyone has a Moral Barometer. Your examples 'know' what they are doing is morally wrong but they persist, not because it feels morally right but because its a desire to fulfill their urge. They know its wrong.

However, there are people devoid of reality and your premise is applicable to them but the ratio between those devoid of reality and those who are present in lucidity is strongly in favour of those lucid kinds.

Still doesn't change the believe system of trusting your feelings...

Advertisement