Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energy engineering

• 06-12-2010 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

currently in 6th year thinking of doin energy engineering next year, not doin hon maths but i like it none the less,
    Can anyone tell me whats the course like and what quailifaction do you get after 3 years and what kind off 1 year add on can ya do???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 focuslfc

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭colcar

just accepted an offer for this course today really looking forward to it, have heard lots of good things from people doing it so hope its as good as they say, cant wait to get started.
    Anyone else starting this coming year?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 345

I take it your a mature student? its my first choice on the cao hope to get it!

345 wrote: »
    I take it your a mature student? its my first choice on the cao hope to get it!

ya mature student alright, it was my first choice as well delighted to have got it.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kevh1987

Hey colcar, Im starting that same course in September. Its my second year trying to get into it so happy days, looking forward to getting started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

I got in as mature student aswell,had it down as first choice.Im loking foward to it except the maths!ha

kevh1987 wrote: »
    Hey colcar, Im starting that same course in September. Its my second year trying to get into it so happy days, looking forward to getting started.

ya theres a serious amount of people going for it the last couple of years, didnt go for it last year wanted to go UL for PE teaching but didnt even get a reply so i decided this year id go for this course. 3 of my mates got in last year and they're loving it, looking forward to it now, been foing a renewable energy course for the past year nearly and find it really interesting, so hope this course will be but the maths will prob be a hundred times harder ha ha.

anybody hear anything regarding the start date yet for the energy engineering course???? getting a start on the BTEA application but they want to know what the start and finish dates for the course are.. anybody have any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bigman87

hey colcar, im starting the same course in september, I seen on GMIT website that first years start on 12th sept so i gather we start then. I've no idea what the end date but probably sometime in may 2014. I having same prob filling it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paa9090

Hey starting as well in September, any one have any idea of how many hours a week??

• Advertisement

paa9090 wrote: »
    Hey starting as well in September, any one have any idea of how many hours a week??

as far as i know its pretty full on with over 30hours a week think its 9 to 5 most days with a couple of hours off on the other days.

Advertisement