Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elusive garage, directions needed

• 06-12-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hey,

Im trying to find Ken Fildes Garage on google maps before I take it for a full service. i've been burnt by dodgy garages before so id rather go out of the way to find this guy then the local big garages and dealers. If someone can give me directions from clonee I would be very grateful.

Regarding local garages, does anyone have an opinion on the Clonee Motor Center? They charge E250 for a full service. My suspension will need to be taken off to replace brake pads so It would get very pricey. I wouldnt mind paying extra if I knew everything would be done well.

Kai.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.394241,-6.448604&spn=0.001747,0.004646&t=h&z=18

Thats it on the right hand side of the road as your looking down on it. So it will be on your left as you comes from Clonee direction. It's easy enough to miss, just keep an eye ou and tak eit handy after you come around the bend at the top of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

Kai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭merc3ps

Be careful pulling out of the yard, especially if cars are parked outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car needs suspension removed to change brake pads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

My break pads are almost gone and went to the local garage to have them replaced. I was told that one of the wheel nuts had been forced in and the thread was destroyed.

The options were to force the nut out and drive with 3 wheel nuts on one of the rear tyres (and fail my NCT in February) or have the whole suspension removed and have the brake pads replaced that way.

I don't trust the garage because twice I have tried to explain a fault on the car and what I suspect it is, and twice they did nothing and charged me E30 to clear the system.

My knowledge of cars is very limited so I have to go on the trust of the mechanic. Id take someone recommended time and again over my local.

For a full service and the labour of removing the suspension, I cant afford to go back and have anything else done.

Kai.

• Advertisement
Advertisement