Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all footpath owners - snow removal

Options
  • 06-12-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Since we're all concerned about the costs of our management fees and giving out about our management companies can we all put in a little bit of work and try and clear our foot paths.

I dont think its too much to ask if everyone can cleas whatever footpath they have ourside their property and put a bit of table salt on the ground once cleared.

The spine road is currently owned by ballymount and they've been requested to grit the roads (probably not gonna happen)

I've also noticed that a lot of cars with the younger generation are messing around on the ice. I spotted a black golf speeding up the north side of the green yesterday and continioucly a white mitsubishi coupe driving around handbreaking which for obvious reason't isn't good.

Can i ask everyone to either report any such instances to the Gardai or their Management Agents so they can report it to the Gardai.

Cheers.

PS, no posts bitching further about the management companies, if you're not going to get involved then don't get involved, don't bother posting an outburst here. Im asking can we as a community do a little to make the estate a little safer, we're not interested how much we pay to the companies as we're all in the same boat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Have been out to try & clear the path outside my place, the ice is hard & thick and requires a great deal of effort even with a brand new spade. I've cleared a walk-through & salted it so my wife can get to her car with the kids without slipping. Will have to wait till it thaws some more before I can clear the rest

Advertisement