Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Points? Don't understand

• 06-12-2010 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I'm a newbie to xbox and don't really understand the whole xbox live thing.
    I now that you buy a certain amount of microsoft points or a yearly subscription but what does this actually mean?
    how long will points last you? how do you use up your points? etc....
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Points are used to buy things from xbox live such as games,game add ons,themes etc. It is like the currency of xbox.That is how they are spent.

Xbox live is the yearly subscription thing you are on about. It is used to play games online with others from around the world. It can also be got in 1 month and 3 month subscriptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big tip : DO NOT use your credit card to buy points or a subscription through the xbox it self. It is much cheaper to get them from various places online. See the thread at the top of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

Thanks guys,
    just wondering how much points different things cost such as games etc?
    And when setting up my xbox live what do i initially have to do? do i have to buy a subscription first and then buy points or do i get pionts with my subscription?
    sorry about all the dumb questions but i'm kind of clueless! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Thanks guys,
    just wondering how much points different things cost such as games etc?
    And when setting up my xbox live what do i initially have to do? do i have to buy a subscription first and then buy points or do i get pionts with my subscription?
    sorry about all the dumb questions but i'm kind of clueless! lol

Get the xbox live first.
    Then familiarise yourself with the marketplace, this is where you get your games, game ad-ons such as map packs for the likes of call of duty.
    Or themes. You can also rent HD movies directly to your xbox or download demos for new and upcoming games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

If I buy my 12 month subscription for XBL do I still need to buy points or will I be given some by subscribing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If I buy my 12 month subscription for XBL do I still need to buy points or will I be given some by subscribing?

Nope. Xbox Live allows you play online. Points are used for buying extra maps/games etc.

Advertisement