Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you claim outstanding salary from a former employer???

Options
  • 06-12-2010 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm making some inquiries for a friend of mine who's in a difficult situation at the moment. He's a Slovak who spent a few years working in Ireland but is owed a substantial amount of money (€11,740) by one of his previous employers. I'm trying to find out what the appropriate course of action is for him to take.

He started working in a joinery workshop with his boss in Jan '07 and continued working until Feb '09 but was payed infrequently and not in full on most occasions. He recieved payslips however up to Sep '08 and nothing after that.

In Feb '09 the business got into difficulties and his boss let him go with promises of reimbursing the salary outstanding. Since then there is no sign of any further payments.

The last contact he received, was from his former employers mother in law to inform him that he was now represented by MABS and to deal with MABS instead.

He contacted MABS and has been passed around a few agencies who have not been very helpfull this far.

Can anyone tell me what the best actions he should take are, such as who to contact and what his rights are in this situation?

Any help would be really appreciated as the person in question was a hard working and trusting individual who was clearly taken advantage of and I would like to help him out as he is really struggling financially at the moment...

Thanks in advance
    Colm

Comments

Advertisement