Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Driving other cars' insurance extension

• 06-12-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

My policy, like many others, allows me to drive other cars with owner's permission.

What responsibilities have I as the drive of the 'other' car with relation to documentation. It's from reading another thread that I wondered this.

Have I to transfer the disk, and/or carry the insurance certificate, or none of these? Does the rule change if the car already has (the owners) disk in the windscreen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

I would keep your own policy documents in your person at all times......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

just drive the car, incase of accident, garda will ask you to provide unsurance document to your nearest garda station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

akamossie wrote: »
    just drive the car, incase of accident, garda will ask you to provide unsurance document to your nearest garda station

Is that a new product from Quinn Direct ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Miss typed there. Ment to say insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I dunno, keith's not far off, I for one have had unsurance from quinn in the past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement