Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guttering - Enniscorthy Area

Options
  • 06-12-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone has anyone they could recommend to install guttering in the Enniscorthy area?

Like many a house around the county pretty much all of our guttering (PVC) has collapsed after the heavy snow and ice. Some of the facia board was damaged too as the gutter pulled away from it. The whole lot is going to have to be replaced... home insurance claim I reckon.

I was thinking about going down the aluminium route as the PVC just can't hack it.

Any thoughts, advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't think it matters what type of guttering you have-the weight of snow and ice is tearing down guttering everywhere,even the cast iron stuff.Try Paddy Long for guttering,he has a good rep.My father cleared the heavy snow away from his-good foresight on his behalf,not so easy to do if you live in a two storey house though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Cheers Zerks.

Ours is a bungalow.. I did go out 4-5 times a day for the first 4 days or so and clean out the build up... but on Wednesday and Thursday I was stranded in town and had to stay at the parent's place.

Went back out on Friday and it had started to collapse... and once one bit goes it sort of dominoes then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I spotted a bungalow where they had wedged lengths of 2x1 between the ground and the gutters... food for thought for the future.

Advertisement