Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help!

Options
  • 06-12-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hello people. first post on here
    im desperate looking advice from anyone about moving to Australia
    i was down under in 2006 on a working holiday visa, didnt do any regional work then, so im screwed that way
    im a joiner by trade, 27 yearsold, and desperate to get out of this dump, as theres feck all work about and its freezing.
    can anyone advise me the best and quickest way to get back in down under?
    can i apply for a 2 WHV under a new (british) passport??
    any help will be greatly appreciated
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Well they wont like ya asking about the passport thing here! but afaik that was a loop hole that they tightened up on, I think there was a load of people from northern Ireland who were doing that and then they got wise to it.

Your best bet might be to start contacting companies over there to see if they'd be intrested in sponsering you. Or start the ball rolling on a skill visa, I had a mate who got one and tbh it was a hell of a process think it took the best part of a year, and you have to get your trade recognised by them which seems to be a bit of a minefield.
    Dont know all the ins and outs of it, but have a look on the immigration website
    www.immi.gov.au

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

yeah its sponsored or skilled. Thats the short answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Did you work as a joiner when you were in Oz? If so contact your old bosses and if they remember you try and get them to sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

MOD Zero talk of illegal ways to enter Australia, thanks.

Officially you can only have 1 WHV per person

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Recently watching an episode of Boarder Control where there was an Irish guy, just arrived in Sydney with a friend and his brother on a one year working holiday visa. It transpired that he had previously been to Australia on a similar visa, but different passport, anyway, he was questioned by customs officers and promptly put on the next plane home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Its now a closed route

I also know someone who did it back in '05 when it was a loophole, it now illegal so thats all I am saying.

Advertisement