Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on dublin area please

Options
  • 06-12-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

I am looking for advise please - recently moved up to dublin have a young child and looking for a childminder just for babysitting and if i have to work late somedays - I have my child in creche during the day that I am very happy with.

I posted an advert and got a reply for a lady who sounds lovely but the thing is she lives in Killinarden estate and I was advised by friends of mine who live in dublin that this is not a good area -

Does anyone else have opinions on this please??? I dont want to lose out on a good childminder based on opinions of estates that may have cleaned up - sorry if I am offending anyone but my childs safety comes first so I am just being ultra cautious.

Added to this I still have not gone to see her (due to snow etc) and I know I really should as my gut is usually the best judge.

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I live in an area that to some people (who don't actually know the area) would consider to be dodgey. However, I live there because it is convenient for my work, convenient for college for my OH, close to town, close to where my friends are also living, the rent is cheap, and it's a lovely house.

I am not from the area, I grew up in a completely different part of Dublin to where I am living now.

So basically the area in which I live now (or the one where I grew up, for that matter) has absolutely no bearing on what kind of person I am.

Those "friends" of yours are talking through their arses.

Advertisement