Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Token Missing

Options
  • 06-12-2010 3:41pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Almost certainly unrelated, but this thread seems to have turned into a bit of a catch all.

When I post from work (IE7.0.5730.13) I regularly get the following message:
    Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I presume this is an IE7 issue, and I obviously have zero choice of browser at work as I wouldn't be using IE7 otherwise, and I have very little control over IE options either I'm afraid. Is the site tested on IE7 specifically anymore? If so, is this something that has been noticed at all? It is really getting on my tits, and help is appreciated. I'll probably get it for this post as well. Happens on new posts and post edits, and I often have to refresh after posting many times to be brought back to the thread.

Edit: Ironically enough, didn't happen when I made this post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Moved, to prevent that thread becoming a catch-all.

I don't think it's an IE7 issue, but it might be. We still have a reasonable chunk of users using it, so I'd imagine we'd have a lot more reports of the problem.

I'll have a look and see what I can find.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks. Thought I was going mad for a minute til I decided to check here. I'll check back later to see if there is an update, but obviously won't post looking for one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I forgot to say that I also intermittently get this error when trying to thank a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement