Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest setup?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a few suggestions on how to setup a system.. cables are chased.. but I'm wondering what my options are now

Each tv point has 2xcat5e and 2xcoax to it .. these points are midway up the wall.. and have added cables behind the wall to the floor for conencting a few boxes (2xhdmi, scart and lan)

I have it in my head that I'd like to have everything in a central room, all sat boxes (cards?), any networked disks etc .. and have the ability to play anything on any tv ..

Initially I was thinking I could do something simple with just satellite boxes and sky eye's.. but then a friend told me, it might be possible to have a media box with satellite cards in it.. and possibly be able to stream to variable destinations.. do pausing/recording etc

Is it possible to, for example .. sit in a room, play a mp3 from a samba share.. then switch to watching a satellite channel .. THEN switch to watch a different sattelite channel on a different satellite box.. at the same time, allowing the same from another TV?

eg. tv1 and tv2 can view the same satellite box or different boxes

at the moment, I have all cabling meeting in 1 room, all satellite cables have a splice in this room

I'm guessing this'd be a combination of hardware relay boxes? and software? Just wondering what's out there.. I'm starting from scratch really here

Thanks alot ;)

/Bal

Advertisement