Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Showbands - Immediates & Savoy

• 06-12-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am doing some research looking for any photos, info etc on two Waterford Showbands of yesteryear.

The two I am interested in are The Immediate Showband and The Savoy Showband.

Would anyone out there have anything digitally stored or can direct you direct me to somewhere or someone?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There was a book released in 2008 called 50/50 by Brian Kennedy which studies most of Waterfords bands down through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

I have the following 8 tracks from the Savoy showband in iPod format.

I'll be your Baby Tonight
    Think of Me
    Let Her Dance
    Westmeath Batchelor
    Under your shell again
    Lodi
    I don't want to spoil the party
    In the middle of Nowhere

All recorded in the 60's. Think of it as their greatest hits album.

Happy to share it if you can provoide a place for me to copy it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

JShannow wrote: »
    Would anyone out there have anything digitally stored or can direct you direct me to somewhere or someone?

Thanks...
    I think that the editor of the Munster Express (John O'Connor) would have a lot of information. From what I remember, he was on one of the Showband documentaries a while back and had an encyclopedic knowledge of the bands and the era. At least I think it was him. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

jmcc wrote: »
    I think that the editor of the Munster Express (John O'Connor) would have a lot of information. From what I remember, he was on one of the Showband documentaries a while back and had an encyclopedic knowledge of the bands and the era. At least I think it was him. :)

Regards...jmcc
    Micheal Dower (exMunster Express) Had a very comprehensive book out on all and every showband and groups in Waterford a few years back. Pictures and bandmembers names includeded. Excellent.:cool:

Advertisement