Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncompleted degree! Primary Teacher degree.

Options
  • 06-12-2010 5:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi Guys,

Im in my final year of a 4 year course, doing a course in Accountancy & Finance in UL, which I now really dont like.

I have always been interested in becoming a Primary School teacher and regret majorly for not picking it over this current degree.

I know there is a post graduate Diploma in Primary Education, which is ideal.
    But, it seems to be very difficult to get into and Im afraid I wont get 2:1 degree that I think is required.

So, I would gladly do the 3 year course as a mature student, but Im not sure if I could afford the fees.

My question is.

What if I dont finish my current degree, and enter Primary Education as a mature student, Will I still have to pay fees?? Given that I wouldnt have completed my degree so therefore dont actually hold a completed degree??

Ive been teying to get answers from everywhere, so hope someone can help!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

DJL292 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im in my final year of a 4 year course, doing a course in Accountancy & Finance in UL, which I now really dont like.

I have always been interested in becoming a Primary School teacher and regret majorly for not picking it over this current degree.

I know there is a post graduate Diploma in Primary Education, which is ideal.
    But, it seems to be very difficult to get into and Im afraid I wont get 2:1 degree that I think is required.

So, I would gladly do the 3 year course as a mature student, but Im not sure if I could afford the fees.

My question is.

What if I dont finish my current degree, and enter Primary Education as a mature student, Will I still have to pay fees?? Given that I wouldnt have completed my degree so therefore dont actually hold a completed degree??

Ive been teying to get answers from everywhere, so hope someone can help!!

Thanks.

No since you've already done 3 years of a degree you won't get free fees for any of the 3 years of the primary teaching degree. You'll have to pay fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

No since you've already done 3 years of a degree you won't get free fees for any of the 3 years of the primary teaching degree. You'll have to pay fees.

At the moment if you wait at least five years then you can apply for the B.Ed and not be liable for fees. Thats the current position but its anyones guess if it will still be that way in five years time.

Advertisement