Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to got dll files?

• 06-12-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

A friends computer got a virus/malware that seemed to be eating dll files.

The PC is running Windows XP

The first dll that went missing was

msvcp60.dll

The computer wouldn't start at all, I moved the hard drive into another computer and copied the dll from a website and got the PC booted and ran Microsoft Security Essential. Unfortunately I wasn't around to see the results but MSE has been unreliable on this particular PC it hasn't been updating itself. A left over from another virus I think.

I installed and ran Malwarebytes which found the threats but now I'm stll missing the file

OLEACC.dll

I hate downloading dll files off the internet as I don't know good sites for it. I don't even know if I should be downloading these dll files copying them into the windows folder willy nilly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

probably the best thing to do if there could be more files missing is to do a windows repair which will sort out all the dlls
    back up your data first and ensure you follow the warnings
    i have done this loads of times without any problems
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

If you have the XP disk with you can run the command

sfc /scannow

from a command prompt window while the cd dvd is n the drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Windows repair usually just fcuks things up IMO and doubles the size of Your windows by renaming all directories Windows_old and making new ones.
    I've used this site a few times:
    http://www.dll-files.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

looks like a bunch of files are infected, and whatever antivirus/spyware you're using its deleting files because it cannot disinfect them. If its so bad, i will reinstall windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I had to do a repair install in the end I tried sfc /scannow but it didn't fix the problem.

The problem is I lost the original disk. I had a copy of it on my own computer that I had slip streamed but now don't have the product key.

The version of winXP I'm installing is a volume license so it's installed on other PCs, is there any way I can get the key off the other PCs? I'm left with a computer that's practically fixed bar entering the license key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

I did a stupid thing. :mad: The program found the key.

I pressed get a new product key and now the product key I got won't work.

If I do another repair install will it go back to looking for the original cd key?

Reinstalling didn't work, Microsoft is now accusing me and my place or work of being a software pyrite. :mad:

Advertisement