Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend AVCHD editing software

Options
  • 06-12-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at my wits end and need some advice.

In work I do a lot of video editing with AVCHD files (mts?). I'm used to the wonderful world of macs and Final Cut, but the powers that be in work decided to keep everything PC. The package waiting for me when I began work was Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 ... and it's a steam pile of shiiiiiiit.

Work aren't prepared to fork out for Adobe Premiere etc, but is there any other program you would recommend?

It'll have to be happy working with AVCHD (something the FCE on my macbook pro seems to hate) and SD DV. Standard video editing tools (no need for flashy effects) and good audio editing tools. Most of the stuff I do is very straight forward news pieces, so imagine an interview with various cutaways.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭psycjay

If you have a W7 machine then movie maker supports AVCHD without the need for conversion. It gives you very basic tools and in my opinion is a proper pain to use but it could get you out of a spot. Plus it's free so your work will be happy

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

The best mid-range software is Eduis neo 2 with AVCHD booster. I edit pro AVCHD no problem with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Thanks for your responses guys, managed to convince the powers that be to invest in an iMac with Final Cut. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Final cut does not have a great rep for working with AVCHD. Alot of people had to transcode to to pro res to edit.

I don't know if this is sorted.

The best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement