Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to wire it all up...

• 06-12-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I come here seeking advice.

I have a Samsung LCD TV, a Phillips DVD Surround system (with "wireless" rear speakers), a Phillips Blu-Ray player and an NTL Digital decoder box. I also sometimes plug a laptop in through it as a monitor.

The connections on them are as per the attached picture.

138424.png

The DVD player is toast (won't play DVDs), but the surround sound works on it, and I can play everything through it.

Unfortunately I had some work done in the house recently, and now can't get the Bu-Ray player to work; I can't remember how I had it wired.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have a 3 way remote control HDMI splitter (Aldi finest!)

What's the best way to wire all of this together to get the best results?

Thanks for your time.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

For anyone else having the same problem, I did it like this and it's working really well.

138950.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I got a new Samsung tv there the other day and my mother gave me a surround sound thing. The brains of the operations is a dvd player/sound theatre as well but i have a playstation to watch dvds. Theres only one scart lead socket on the tv and im using that for sky digital.
    So my question how do i connect my tv to the surround sound, i think in my missing a few wires and im new to this stuff.
    cheers.

*EDIT* Its a Panasonic home dvd theatre sound sa-ht540

Try the diagram above using a component set (red, blue and green for video, with white and red for sound); basically the setup I have above with playstation instead of bluray, and taking away the scart cable from the TV to the DVD.

Otherwise you could get a scart signal splitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Because your home cinema system cannot handle optical connections you are loosing out on sound quality. If upgrading make sure you get one with a few optical in ports.

This is <Snip> acting I can't do this:( I don't have the damm instructions. Right ok lets start again.
    Hi im darren and I need help as I can't get my <Snip> surround sound to work. Please help.

I have a 42" Samsung. It has one scart and a few other holes for the red, white, yellow wires, they are 5 of them.
    I have a PS3 with one scart at the back.
    I have a Panasonic home DVD theatre sound sa-ht540, it has a scart socket and 2 reds, a yellow, white, green and blue plug holes.
    I have a Sky+ box it has 2 scart leads and white and red sockets.
    I have a normal scart cable and I have 3 red, white and yellow wires. And ps3 has a wire coming out of it and it slits into red, yellow and white cables.

Now first of all I don't want to watch DVD's, I do however want to watch Sky+ and play the Playstation while having the surround sound up and running.

How in Gods name do I set it up?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

While you may be frustrated in trying to get this stuff set up, please mind the language - I've snipped your post, next time out it will be deleted.

Thanks,

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

While you may be frustrated in trying to get this stuff set up, please mind the language - I've snipped your post, next time out it will be deleted.

Thanks,

Ritz.
    Cheers for that, i understand. Would there be anyone around here that can help me?

This might sound silly, but can you post photos of the backs of each of the machines? It might make it easier.

Thats what I was thinking. Ill have to get a lend of a camera in the coming days. cheers.

Advertisement