Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Personel Effects to Australia

Options
  • 06-12-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi All,
    Looking for some advice on shipping personal effects to Oz. I have gotten a few quotes back from a few companies but I've found a company called Putra Venture out of Dublin and I was wondering has anyone had any dealings with them?
    I have about 5 or 6 tea chest sized boxes and 4 bicycle boxes in total to be shipped. We don't think we have enough stuff to justify using a container for shipping.

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Chubby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Hi All,
    Looking for some advice on shipping personal effects to Oz. I have gotten a few quotes back from a few companies but I've found a company called Putra Venture out of Dublin and I was wondering has anyone had any dealings with them?
    I have about 5 or 6 tea chest sized boxes and 4 bicycle boxes in total to be shipped. We don't think we have enough stuff to justify using a container for shipping.

Chubby

Im in exactly the same situation. When are you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 chubbyhomer

We're flying middle of January to Sydney. Hoping to have our items ready to ship soon enough for our arrival then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I have used this guy several times. He's very thorough and does a great service.
    www.baggage.ie

bw wrote: »
    I have used this guy several times. He's very thorough and does a great service.
    www.baggage.ie

Jesus. What a rip-off. 445 a cubic meter? LOL.

We're flying middle of January to Sydney. Hoping to have our items ready to ship soon enough for our arrival then.

I wont be shipping anything till next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 chubbyhomer

So far, our best quote has been from AA economy freight at €380 per cubic metre. Does that sound good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

20 foot container is 33 cubic metres.
    40 foot is 67.5.

It seems expensive. It may be cheaper to share with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

had the exact same problem rang loads a dem and AnPost were the cheapest

sent 20 kilos fairly big box cant remember the dimensions, prob as big as a 40inch tv and a foot and half deep (sorry only thing close that looks about the size!) for 135 took about 8 working days

downside they would only insure to value of 350 and sending it back home will be bout 440 aus dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hi All,

Chubby
    Hi All,

Chubby

I'm in the middle of selling off pretty much every thing . Moving early next year . Took a look at all the stuff we have n how much it would cost to send it over and decided best to just try and sell it here and start all over again in Oz .

Trying to keep it to only personal stuff that we can't ever buy again . It's just to expensive to send over even a little stuff . Being told 100's for just a suit case size

Priced container and got a quote of €5000 for a 40ft one . Are the bicycle really expencive or could they be bought in Oz. You might end up getting new ones for the price of shipping the old ones .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Ozeire wrote: »
    Priced container and got a quote of €5000 for a 40ft one . Are the bicycle really expencive or could they be bought in Oz. You might end up getting new ones for the price of shipping the old ones .
    That's about EUR 70 per square metre. I've decided to sell all my stuff before leaving but I would have needed a 20 foot for the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

ballooba wrote: »
    That's about EUR 70 per square metre. I've decided to sell all my stuff before leaving but I would have needed a 20 foot for the car.

Yeah bring cars from Ireland to OZ isn't the best either . If you look you'll prob see that you'd pick up a good car for the price it would cost you to ship it over and all the import crap .

Plus depending on your car mightn't be easy to get parts for it say it's VW . Alot cheaper to get parts for Holdens .

Advertisement