Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medium Format Repair

• 06-12-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a Bronica GS1, a lovely camera, but on a trip to Berlin last week it seized up, Mirror locked up, cant get lens off.
    Just wondering if A) Anyone could recommend Camera repair for medium Format in Leinster area or
    B) If anyone has come across a problem like this before

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Yeeks, that sounds like more than the usual bronica lockup, for the most part they're relatively jam proof. Could you wind on afterward ? I'm betting the shutter has jammed at some point in the exposure so the camera can't finish the cycle.
    First thing I'd do actually is make sure the batteries are seated properly and reasonablyy fresh. A loose connection during an exposure could probablyy mess things up.
    Then, take the back off and put it into multiple exposure mode and see if you can fire it or cycle the shutter. Look through the body and see if you can see if the shutter is open.
    Reaching through the camera try and (gently !) action the lever that trips the shutter, or if that fails, one of the two rotary levers that cock it. With any luck you can at least cock it and take it off the body.
    Was it cold where you were ? Might just have been lube getting all gummy. in a warm environment just tryyying to fire it again might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Thanks for that
    I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back as to how i get on
    Cheers

Sorry to drag up this old post, but this got away from me over Christmas, I still cant get this sorted.
    I've replaced batteries etc. I can't seem to get the shutter to fire, the mirror is locked up, meaning lens can't be removed. If anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Yes.

I have my Hasselblad serviced by Alan McDonald and I find him first rate. A Bronica would probably be similar.

If anyone can sort it for you it will be him.

He has a business partner called Declan who will take your call at 086 6684400

Best of luck,
    A.P.

Interesting set up.:confused:
    Sure i'll give it a try. Thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement