Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree prices please,artifical and real.

• 06-12-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi folks i hope to pick one up myself this week and wondering if anyone knows of some good value to be had.
    Seen real ones for E35 in Milltown but haven't checked the quality yet.
    Is there anywhere in the Kildare area were you can pick and cut your own?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

We got ours in the Johnstown Garden Centre at the weekend. I think theirs start at €45 and go up in €10 increments as the trees get bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

We've bought our tree from this crowd for the last couple of years:
    http://www.kildarechristmastrees.com/index.htm

It's beautiful drive out to the farm (though not sure how the roads are right now--maybe okay by the weekend), and you can have them cut one down for you or choose one that's already cut. 35 euros for a 6-foot tree, so not cheap, but they are better looking than what I've seen around Newbridge at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We got ours today for €35 in newbridge, outside the "christmas market" beside newbridge silverware. It's really full and reaches the ceiling. (is that a 6ft then?) Really happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Nice tips guys :D,seems to be E35 then for most,i like the pick and cut choice myself.
    Suppose prices will ease in a week or so as demand tipples a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

We've bought our tree from this crowd for the last couple of years:
    http://www.kildarechristmastrees.com/index.htm

It's beautiful drive out to the farm (though not sure how the roads are right now--maybe okay by the weekend), and you can have them cut one down for you or choose one that's already cut. 35 euros for a 6-foot tree, so not cheap, but they are better looking than what I've seen around Newbridge at that price.

Went there yesterday, really nice, with the fog and snow. Kids LOVED it.

Thanks for the pointer ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement