Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having trouble getting contracts from Meteor?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

I ordered a phone on contract from Meteor.ie last Monday (29/11) and got confirmation email saying the contract will be emailed out within two days, to sign and return with ID and proof of address.

I received nothing by Thursday so rang them up :confused:, they said they'd send it straight away. Nothing by Friday morning so rang again, same again... same again Friday evening before close. Rang again this morning and same story, tried again there and they cut my call when I was on hold as they "checked with the online sales department" again.

It's been over a week now.... :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I'm sure the weather over the past week up in Dublin has had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If that's the case I'd be much happier if they said "We're short staffed because of the weather so it'll be Tuesday before we get that processed". But don't tell me you're doing it right now if that's not the case!

I can't imagine doing up contracts takes more than a minute anyway.

Im in the same boat.

Ordered Saturday 27th, but my contact came on the 30th, emailed it back to them with threquired doc's scanned. But still no phone. Have rang them to ask whats the delay and they keep telling me they will check it out and call em back but they never do. Getting annoyed by this now, should of just boguht it in the shop.

I'd be looking more toward An Post. Postal service has been minimal in Dublin due to the difficulty in getting around on the roads.

Kensington wrote: »
    I'd be looking more toward An Post. Postal service has been minimal in Dublin due to the difficulty in getting around on the roads.

Hasnt even been dispatched yet though. And if that is the case, they could just tell em that rather than telling me "we'll call you back with more info"

• Advertisement

They only have to email me the contracts, no post involved. The guy on the phone also gave me an email address to scan and email them back in. He said it'd save about three days, which was a helpfull tip to get 4 days ago. :rolleyes:

Hasnt even been dispatched yet though. And if that is the case, they could just tell em that rather than telling me "we'll call you back with more info"
    Possibly because An Post haven't done any collections from them yet, or your dispatch is stuck behind a massive backlog of post to go out from Meteor. The postal service is in tatters in Dublin. Both collections and deliveries are all over the place and non-existant in many places. The fact its christmas (people sending cards, online shopping etc.) means there are huge backlogs of deliveries which are growing quicker than they can clear them. Meteor could be a bit more up front about it of course, if post hasn't been collected from them, or there are reduced collections, they should tell you.
    foto joe wrote:
    They only have to email me the contracts, no post involved.
    They post them out to you because it proves you are resident at the address to which the contracts are posted.

Kensington wrote: »
    They post them out to you because it proves you are resident at the address to which the contracts are posted.

Contracts arrived today, by email. ;)
    Now to print, sign, scan and email back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

foto joe wrote: »
    Contracts arrived today, by email. ;)
    Now to print, sign, scan and email back.

or go into a shop, sign the contract, walk home with phone;)

You can't do that with an online sales contract can you??

To purchase in store it'd have been €5/month more expensive and without free Meteor-to-Meteor calls and text. Huge difference imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭albob

Hi,
    Apologies for resurecting this but just wondering if the OP (or anyone else is still experiencing these issue). I am in the exact same position. I understand that the weather has delayed things but Meteor should still be able to send an update like "we have your signed contract and once postal services are back in full operation we will dispatch your product". At the moment I don't know if they received my signed contract (sent 2 weeks ago), whether there is an issue with it, whether it is a stock issue, postal issue etc etc.
    Contimplating cancelling and just walking into a shop (which may not be meteor).
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I scanned them and sent them in several days ago, only for them to ring and say they they couldn't see the attachment, which i resent to them.
    They got it yesterday, but not hopeful I will get my phone next week.
    And I had to pay a 300 security deposit to boot. Something tells me meteor don't want bill pay customers.
    Everything is going pay as you go anyway. Tesco Mobiles effective rate is 10 cent a call and internet for 12 euros a month or less. Why sign up for the risks and hassle of bill pay when the likes of an Orange SF which is probably 80% of a Desire is available for less than 150 anyway, so no subsidy needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

Exact same experience for me as above.

I signed up as a new bill-pay customer through the Meteor website and got the confirmation email saying I would be emailed the contract with 2 working days.
    4 working says later, not a thing from them so I had to ring up and found out I had to pay a €300 security deposit.
    Why did I have to chase them up to find this out? Absolutely appalling customer service.

I then emailed back the required documents and didn't hear a thing again for 2 days. Nothing to say we have received your completed contract and order is being processed or there is a problem with your contracts, proof of ID.
    I had to ring them again to make sure everything was in order and was told my phone would be posted by end of business today (which was yesterday)

Still no word from Meteor to say my phone and SIM have yet to be dispatched.

ongarite wrote: »
    I had to ring them again to make sure everything was in order and was told my phone would be posted by end of business today (which was yesterday)

How did you even manage to get this out of them? I have rung several times and the people I get through to tell me that they know nothing and can't do anything for me except send an email to online stores and ask them to contact me. They never do! Today I asked him to cancel my contract and he said all he could do was send and email to get them to contact me. Crazy. Can't go forwards or backwards. All I want is confirmation that they got my signed contract, everything is in order and my phone is on its way,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I would say Eircom/Meteor are broke and are unwilling to finance the handset cost hence all the security deposits being asked for which conveniently cover the subsidy.
    What is the future of billpay though? Will consumers need the subsidy in a year or two? We are already at a crossroads where there are some fab phones about for e150. Why take a gamble in running up huge bills and have a monthly commitment whether its used or not.

albob wrote: »
    How did you even manage to get this out of them? I have rung several times and the people I get through to tell me that they know nothing and can't do anything for me except send an email to online stores and ask them to contact me. They never do! Today I asked him to cancel my contract and he said all he could do was send and email to get them to contact me. Crazy. Can't go forwards or backwards. All I want is confirmation that they got my signed contract, everything is in order and my phone is on its way,

Don't ring the number that they have on your order confirmation. That's a general sales number. The website has a number for direct online sales which got my through to someone who followed up on my order.
    1800 777 085 is the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CubicleDweller

Dammit....

I just ordered a phone from Meteor this morning. Got the automated Order Confirmation email, saying that I should get my contract by email within two days. *Then* I googled, and found this thread.... :(

So, has anyone ordered a phone from Meteor lately, and actually got it? How long did it take? foto_joe, did your phone eventually arrive?

Getting worried that I won't even have the phone by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

lomb wrote: »
    I would say Eircom/Meteor are broke and are unwilling to finance the handset cost hence all the security deposits being asked for which conveniently cover the subsidy.

This is the busiest time of year, but Meteor should be able to cope with demand. I think bill-pay has a strong future, handsets like high-end Android, Blackberry and iPhone are in high demand and expensive to buy outright. SIM only is good for those customers who don't want/need a long contract/large subsidy.

So, has anyone ordered a phone from Meteor lately, and actually got it? How long did it take? foto_joe, did your phone eventually arrive?
    Well my phone arrived today (well I got the note off the post office saying that they tried to deliver and I was not at home....so I'll have it in my hand tomorrow. Meteor could be a lot better in updating people on the status of their orders rather than letting people hang in limbo.

albob wrote: »
    Well my phone arrived today (well I got the note off the post office saying that they tried to deliver and I was not at home....so I'll have it in my hand tomorrow. Meteor could be a lot better in updating people on the status of their orders rather than letting people hang in limbo.

So you didn't get an email dispatch confirmation number from them with your tracking number?
    I'm waiting for mine to come, I've heard nothing to say its been dispatched yet.

• Advertisement

No, no tracking number or email saying it was dispatched or anything like that. Not a great way to run a business.

My phone arrived today, two weeks from ordering. Took about 2 days to get dispatched after emailing back the contracts.

Thanks to all who replied. I guess it's good to see that the phones do eventually arrive...

Not sure what to do; I'd try to cancel the order and buy the phone in-store, but I'm afraid that I might end up with two contracts - or that the in-store contract application would be refused because I cancelled the online one, so I'd end up with none.

Guess I'll just try to be patient, and let the online order take its course.

One thing that might be useful to others: I rang the online store on 1800 777 085 (thanks ongarite!) and they told me that they have been having some problems with the systems that send the emails out. In particular, if they decide that they need a deposit from you, the email that tells you that may not get sent. So, if you don't get your contract sent to you within 48 hours of placing the order, you should call them on that number to check - it may be that they've issued the "we need a deposit" decision but that the email didn't get sent. Make of that what you will...

Anyway, thanks again for the info. Will post back here when there are any developments, in case others are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mlalevic

I made my order on 30th November and finally got contract today. In that time I sent 3 or 4 emails - not a single reply, had 5 phone calls, finally thanks to the phone number posted here I got to someone who wasn't completely useless and got my contract within 30 minutes of the call.

Apparently because account was joined they needed some more information on the account. They could've bloody told me the first time around :mad:

Anyway, if you don't receive contract within 2 days don't even bother calling phone number given in the order confirmation (1800 638 367), guys are completely useless. Effectively calling them is as if you had sent email yourself - that's all they're going to do, send an email in your name. If anyone replied to my emails I would've not called in the first place.

Call 1800 777 085 - these guys might help you.

Thanks, mlalevic.

My order was placed on December 13th. My contract email arrived December 16th (yesterday). I was away, so I only got to reply to it today.

So, for me, it was 3 days from placing order to receiving contract. Not too bad, considering. I wonder if they're just working through a backlog that built up during the snow, when not all staff made it in to work?

Anyway, we'll see how long the actual phone takes to get here, now. I've sent the signed contract and all necessary docs back by email today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

foto joe wrote: »
    You can't do that with an online sales contract can you??

To purchase in store it'd have been €5/month more expensive and without free Meteor-to-Meteor calls and text. Huge difference imo!

Is this €5/month difference true ? I see on the website "Connect €45" monthly cost is only €35 a month. Is that for a limited time and if not why on Gods name call it that name ??

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

I'm in a similiar situation. Got another thread on it at the moment then saw this one. Basically ordered online over a week ago, rang the 1800 638 367 to see why contract was not emailed like it says in 2 working days. Was told the contract was emailed and will be resent again, this happend twice more! what a load of rubbish. Saw the other number listed 1800 777 085 on their web site, rang it saturday and they are closed till monday, even though their message says lines are open saturday at 10am. It just seems like the way they do business unfortunately.

But thats not my main problem. I asked one of the customer reps about when the cooling off period starts and ends as I want to have the phone in hand for a week to test it within the cooling off period, the rep says the period started when i ordered online and lasts 14 days. However, im led to believe now that it should actually start when I return a signed contract to meteor. If you go by what that rep told me then the cooling off period would be over by the time I received the phone, which is more rubbish. I dont want to be in a situation where I receive a phone, discover some problem and then am told the cooling off period is over which limits my options and im sure causes problems. Anyone know of a situation like this occuring with meteor online?

As far as im aware there is a 7 day cancellation period of an order placed online, any item and then a 14 day cooling off period once a credit agreement is signed. Anyone have problems with this sort of stuff with meteor online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The cooling off period is if the service does not add up to what you expected. Your statutory rights re the equipment is not affected. If your handset fails, it should be replaced/repaired during the normal guarantee period.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Rang them again monday, usual crap that contact was sent (yeah right) then got onto the online store directly and a lady tells me oh did I not receive an email telling me they required a 300 Euro security deposite, I said NO, i have recived no emails apart from the confirmation email. Asked her why I was kept being told that contact was sent when nothing was sent and it couldnt have been sent as a security deposite was required, no real answer from her, was glad to refuse paying the deposite. Asked her to email me (gave 2 addresses) confirmation of my cancellation and what do you know, both emails show up!! LOL meteor online can actually email IF they want to........ very lax operation, either poorly staffed or poorly training supervised imo or something else

• Advertisement
Advertisement