Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphys Ash, Undertones ,Cathy Davey etc... Gig in Cork

Options
  • 06-12-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

I had a ticket for this and arrived at half seven outside the Opera house. I was turned away from it and why did they hand out three or four hundred tickets over the crowd capacity. Now I was there at half seven I know of people getting turned away at quarter past six. Was wasn't it on in the Savoy? Long journey on a bad road for nothing:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Seriously? That sounds very badly organised.

I entered that and thought I was unlucky because I didn't get tickets, but maybe I was the lucky one after all:p

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

I got a ticket also and was lucky(?) enough to get in. I agree it was badly organised as they gave out way more tickets than they could hold. They did specify on the ticket that entry couldn't be gauranteed unless you were there early and that the doors opened at 6.30 so you never stood a chance of getting in at 7.30 I'd say. It was bad form for people there as early as 6.15 to be left queuing in the freezing cold to be turned away though. On top of that Murphy's had the cheek to charge 5e a pint in a plastic glass when you got inside - I think it may be the end of their little big nights out. It definitely has lost a lot of goodwill for their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

I got a ticket at the last minute and didn't know that you had to be there early to get in. I thought that the tickets would suffice. Why wasn't it in the Savoy?

Advertisement