Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone with a van available Wednesday morning & afternoon for trip to dublin?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into organizing transporting my dog & cat to Dublin Airport (the aircargo part at Terminal 3)

I had transport organized for the past month and a half but that may fall through yet what with the snow & ice (where my friend is based is quite bad)

If anyone knows anyone who's got a van and is free Wednesday (the animals are checking into cargo at 1:30pm) please let me know: 085 0000

mods, I know mobiles normally aren't allowed but that number will only remain active for the next few days so if you don't mind I'd like to leave it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Did you check with GoBus or Citylink to see if they can travel as luggage? would be a heck of a lot cheaper that hiring a van and driver.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Why do you need a van? Can't both animals fit into those carrier things (seperately obviously) and go on the seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The dog is a labrador - my friend drives a passat and we were going to put his crate (dismantled) in the boot but as I won't know the driver of a van he'll probably have to stay in the crate.

The cat could of course sit on a seat in his crate. It's mainly the dog that takes up room.

No busses take animals on board, I looked into it ages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's kinda funny: if they were kids, you could stick 'em on the bus unaccompanied, but they couldn't go in the cargo bit of the plane. But 'cos they're fur-children, the opposite applies.

(Can't help sorry, just couldn't resist the observation.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Himself might be going up, wont know until tomorrow (possibly evening). He usually works up there 2/3 days every week but with the roads he wasnt up last week.

Will let you know as soon as I know. But if he is going it will be first thing getting up there at 9am.. Probably no good to you?

• Advertisement

It's more because of the late notice that I wouldn't be able to bank on it, TillyGirl. I'd like to have a backup plan sorted by noon tomorrow, to be confirmed (or not) that afternoon when I get the deal from my friend.

I've got a possible candidate for the van now, €200 which actually seems fair enough. A few more leads, and still hopeful my friend's car will be able to make the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Out of interest. How long do the pets have to be quarantined over in Canada for?

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Out of interest. How long do the pets have to be quarantined over in Canada for?

They don't have to be - just need rabies vaccinations (and even there, as long as they come in with a statement from you stating that you intend to have them vaccinated within the first week after arrival it's still cool. Obviously I just went the easy way of getting them vaccinated)

New twist to the story is I've decided hiring a large car is more cost effective. Thanks everyone for your help, it was a boardsie who suggested this solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Xiney, it seems you got sorted for a car since you're offering a lift to Dub Airport?
    I've taken your number down just now as it is probably passed on to another person when you give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

She is sorted for transport.
    Please continue here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement