Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be doing your Christmas Shopping in Waterford this year?

• 06-12-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Just wondering will Waterford people be buying some of their Christmas shopping in the city,or will ye be heading to cork or dublin,up north,new york or london,or doing it all online!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I'll be doing it all in Waterford..mainly Smyths, Tescos, Heatons and Pennys:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'll be buying presents and stuff like clothes and books for meself in Waterford anyway. No need to shop elsewhere, unless it's something I have to buy online e.g. books or DVDs that can't be bought in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

ah yeah, ill stick with waterford i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Wouldnt mind a day in Dublin but dont think it will happen with the weather so probably do it in Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I'll be doing it all in Waterford..mainly Smyths, Tescos, Heatons and Pennys:)

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going to have to be Waterford for me. I'll only have the time to do things in dribs and drabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'm the same,i will buy presents here but not clothes as there is such a limited selection on stuff and way over priced,like last week i bought a pair of K-Swiss runners on line for €70 and there in footlocker for €110,also a pair of Levi jeans i bought online for €80 and there in hero's for €120,and a Ben Sherman shirt i got for €60 online and its €80 in debenhams.It's crazy when you think about it really.

I found this Waterford based website yesterday that are selling gadgets and things,maybe might have something on there for someone http://www.gadgetireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I'm the same,i will buy presents here but not clothes as there is such a limited selection on stuff and way over priced,like last week i bought a pair of K-Swiss runners on line for €70 and there in footlocker for €110,also a pair of Levi jeans i bought online for €80 and there in hero's for €120,and a Ben Sherman shirt i got for €60 online and its €80 in debenhams.It's crazy when you think about it really.

I found this Waterford based website yesterday that are selling gadgets and things,maybe might have something on there for someone http://www.gadgetireland.com/

€120 for a pair of ****ing jeans??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WFT????????????????????????

Are they special or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

As little in Waterford as possible. Working up North this weekend and in Wales next week so plenty of opportunities there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Will buy in Waterford as far as possible. Maybe head to Cork for a look in M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

dayshah wrote: »
    €120 for a pair of ****ing jeans??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WFT????????????????????????

Are they special or something?

Exactly what I was thinking!! One of the most ironic things about the recession is that the price of certain items are the same as 3 years ago.
    WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

So far all the christmas shopping in my house has been done online. Purely because the selection is better and the prices are better.
    That being said though, we've only bought things that we dont need to see first or are speciality items. Other things I'll be getting in the city.

Oh yeah, 120 for a pair of jeans? I buy nearly all my clothes in tkmaxx. Every couple of months I'll go in with a couple of hundred quid and get 2/3 pairs of jeans, 4/5 t-shirts, couple of hoodies. Where else do you get that kind of value for clothes? Maybe online but I prefer to see my clothes before I buy them! Although my OH has switched me on to asos....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Exactly what I was thinking!! One of the most ironic things about the recession is that the price of certain items are the same as 3 years ago.
    WTF?
    Versatile brand names like Levis have a reputation for being long-lasting, well-fitting and generally dependable on being of high quality. If you buy a pair of Levis, it's expected that they last for years. Whether or not they do, is an entirely different story altogether, but so long as that's the perception of the consumers, it would make no sense to cheapen the value of their brand by cutting costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Unfortunately prices are dictated by what people are prepared to pay and people are prepared to pay for levis. Not me but alot of people are.
    There are bargains to be got in town though, you just gotta look for them and be prepared to spend on a whim when you see good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Was going to buy everything in liverpool a few weeks back... but I broke my leg so couldnt go i will be getting everything in waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Only 3 more things to go and I'll be finished. Just need to get of me arse and stop using the snow and ice as an excuse not to go into town :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Stokolan wrote: »
    Only 3 more things to go and I'll be finished. Just need to get of me arse and stop using the snow and ice as an excuse not to go into town :p

This weekend will be jammers in town as everyone will have shopping etc to catch up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I do my shopping mondays to wednesdays. Dont go near the town after paydays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

It was mental in there today!! 8th of December brings them all in!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Jeidi

Yeah I'll spend my few bob in Waterford where possible, did get a few bits from Amazon though.
    Also got some personalised decorations from a girl from Waterford on facebook, they are the same as the ones in City Square, only cheaper, and she will deliver them free to your door. Didnt even have to get off my a$$!
    I ordered a good few (have loads of babys first Christmas ones to get) and she did 3 for €25.

Just checked her link, its www.facebook.com/decorationsbyme

Whats the TK Maxx like? I didnt venture into the new shop yet?

Advertisement