Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No reply SNI..??

• 06-12-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

We left it too late, poosibly, to join Safe Nights Ireland, we leave for Ireland a week tomorrow (Tues 13th)...ferry 14th Dec....
    http://www.safenightsireland.com/

,Should have done this much earlier, the other problem being that membership runs from 31 Dec for a year so that leaves us in limbo as we remain in Ireland until Jan 17?? Asked if we could get membership for 2011 as that will be our main problem finding somewhere to stay? No reply though??

I do know the saying "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today"!!!

Plenty of places to wild park etc in your wonderful country but some of these stopovers have electric and other facilities that you need in winter now and again?? :confused:
    Was going to send the money to them today but held back when they didn't reply, not I think it may be too late as we in Wales and mail takes time to get to ROI?? Any advice?? Ana xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

There are plenty of pubs that will let you park overnight in their carpark.
    Some of the sites on the sni website are Caravan Parks which you will find as you drive along,some are open all year round so you can plug in and empty toilet etc.you wont be stuck.......... well maby in the snow:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

try contacting the sites directly
    im sure if you explain the circumstances ,they will oblige
    sure most of these sites are hardly making any money these days and im sure a bit of goodwill would help promote sni
    if your heading northwards ,send me a pm and you can park in my yard;)
    safe travels

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

I agree with meercat. I have stayed on many of the sites tru out the summer none of them even asked to see the card, I dont think anyone will refuse you. In fact judging by my experiences they will all be very welcoming. Dont hesitate to call any of them. Enjoy your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

i emailed earlier in the year and it took two weeks for a reply,
    and phoned twice no reply,
    so id say ring the mobile number (frank ryan 0872574239) a few times,
    he will answer sometime or other,
    when i was talking to frank he told me he is no wizz on the pc
    and gets some body to do the computer side of things,
    hope this helps you and hope you have a safe trip.
    i live in co galway and if you need any info for this area drop a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

Thank you!! This morning, however, I heard back from Frank Ryan and I have decided to join. Holding my breath now that I will get my card before we leave Wales!! :D
    Not going to Co Galway this time but most likely we will in May/June!! Ana x

• Advertisement
Advertisement