Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Ballina (formerly the Ramada) gone into receivership.....

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Apart from the effect on the workers, I don't think there'll be too many tears shed for the owners..............http://ht.ly/3kw7I
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Apart from the effect on the workers, I don't think there'll be too many tears shed for the owners..............http://ht.ly/3kw7I

WOW,... Well Good thing I did not pay my 2011 Gym membership..

I think the Staff will be ok, the hotel is one of the best in Ballina, I can't see the receiver closing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

hsi wrote: »
    WOW,... Well Good thing I did not pay my 2011 Gym membership..

I think the Staff will be ok, the hotel is one of the best in Ballina, I can't see the receiver closing it.

The gym is not affected by this as it is on a separate lease to a company from Galway. The hotel is now being run by a management company called Tifco who run the Burlington in Dublin and have the Crown Plaza franchise in Ireland. I imagine they have it on a very generous rent which may make it more cost efficient but where are the guests/tourists/visitors?

The Old Ridge pool hotel is opening this week and that may shake up an already well stirred hotel market in Ballina. As an aside I see Crocketts is advertising rooms for €30 a night. Not bad in the current climate with a fine bar to fall out of......:pac:........:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

Ridgepool is nice... IF you don't have a Car :-) it really does not have great parking. Also the Gym in the Ridgepool is nothing compared to hotel ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I haven't been to it yet so can't comment......there is talk of building a multi storey car park on Barret Street with the backing of the formidably named Finn Macuail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Fine premises. Sympathy to all. The tax incentives have encouraged hotel development well in excess of demand.

If we are getting our cost of living here down, it is time for a major tourist promotion to get bodies into all these hotels. There is a quick payback on this type of investment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement