Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neurosis (band)

• 06-12-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

hey i just got into this band very lately and i have been meaning to buy a few of their cd's because i find myself going back to youtube to listen to them often, i don't know anything about them but any fans of the band here help me out and recommend me which of their albums are worth buying, should i start with their first and work my way up buying em all or is there any albums that are not worth ****.

this is the song i discovered the band through,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

A Sun That Never Sets
    Given To The Rising
    Times Of Grace
    Through Silver In Blood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

^I'll add Souls at Zero to the above list- it'll give you a bit of where they started off from and where they were going at the that time in their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

hey thanks all for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Morf wrote: »
    A Sun That Never Sets
    Given To The Rising
    Times Of Grace
    Through Silver In Blood

i just bought these albums but i looked them up before hand and they seem to be their best rated albums, them particular 4. got them from amazon for roughly €50-€52.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Enemy of The Sun is a savage album aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Enemy of the Sun is probably my favourite. "Cleanse" is a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Didn't they play a gig back in the '90s in Capel Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jem_

Two interviews here

2005 Swedish TV Scott Kelly, discography 2:37
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-RHUWG_ac

2009 Roskilde festival Steve Von Till
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASFA_RnblE&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

BUMP.

New album, Fires Within Fires, is out. I've been listening to a few times today. I'm surprised how much I like it. Really felt like they were running out of gas on the last couple of albums. They sound a bit more engaged here. Obviously not up to the standards of the glory years but they're a band with such a legacy to be always worth a listen. Still love the sound of Scott Kelly's voice roaring in front of slabs of sludgy guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

Arghus wrote: »

New album, Fires Within Fires, is out. I've been listening to a few times today. I'm surprised how much I like it. Really felt like they were running out of gas on the last couple of albums. They sound a bit more engaged here. Obviously not up to the standards of the glory years but they're a band with such a legacy to be always worth a listen. Still love the sound of Scott Kelly's voice roaring in front of slabs of sludgy guitar.
    It's been awhile! Thanks for sharing that I'll give it a listen too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

John wrote: »
    Enemy of the Sun is probably my favourite. "Cleanse" is a monster.
    Epic!

Neurosis - Cleanse (full song)
    Album: Enemy Of The Sun 1993

Advertisement