Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up my upc router to work with xbox live on 2 360's

• 06-12-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

howya lads

this could possibly be more of an xbox/console specific problem but i was hoping i might get a bit of help

basicly the problem im having is that i cant have both xbox's on at the same time
    the set up is fairly straight forward im on upc 20 meg although i tend to get roughly 15
    the router is a Cisco EPC2425 which works well enough for gaming online.
    then theres 2 xboxs in different rooms to each other and the router both using wireless connections

the problem i get is basicly either one xbox's profile is signed out when the others is signed in (and visa versa depending on who signed in first) or else they both remain signed in but one of the nat settings gets changed to moderate/strict

now so far this is what ive tried

ive tried switching between both wireless one wired the other wireless and both wired . result is still the same

following that i made sure upnp was checked and it is . also tried it unchecked

now since ive made sure the ip addresses are different on each one i changed my port forwarding settings so that instead of opening ports per ip ive switched to port triggering so that the ports needed for xbox live are open in general regardless of the ip using it

offhand im trying to think of what else ive tried but its all very hazy ive been at this a very long 4 days now and ive had very little luck

any suggestions would help

PS a friend mentioned i should try a different router more specified for gaming but if its at all possible id prefer to get the current one working rather than fork out 80-100 quid this close to christmas

PPS if you've gotten far enough into the post to read this then cheers for your time:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

sierra117x wrote: »
    howya lads

this could possibly be more of an xbox/console specific problem but i was hoping i might get a bit of help

basicly the problem im having is that i cant have both xbox's on at the same time
    the set up is fairly straight forward im on upc 20 meg although i tend to get roughly 15
    the router is a Cisco EPC2425 which works well enough for gaming online.
    then theres 2 xboxs in different rooms to each other and the router both using wireless connections

the problem i get is basicly either one xbox's profile is signed out when the others is signed in (and visa versa depending on who signed in first) or else they both remain signed in but one of the nat settings gets changed to moderate/strict

now so far this is what ive tried

ive tried switching between both wireless one wired the other wireless and both wired . result is still the same

following that i made sure upnp was checked and it is . also tried it unchecked

now since ive made sure the ip addresses are different on each one i changed my port forwarding settings so that instead of opening ports per ip ive switched to port triggering so that the ports needed for xbox live are open in general regardless of the ip using it

offhand im trying to think of what else ive tried but its all very hazy ive been at this a very long 4 days now and ive had very little luck

any suggestions would help

PS a friend mentioned i should try a different router more specified for gaming but if its at all possible id prefer to get the current one working rather than fork out 80-100 quid this close to christmas

PPS if you've gotten far enough into the post to read this then cheers for your time:)

Used to have this problem i'm sire there are easier ways but I solved it by flashing router with DDWRT but that there is a dangerous business so be careful if your trying it now we can happily have 4 xboxs playing at once on live :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

fudgez wrote: »
    Used to have this problem i'm sire there are easier ways but I solved it by flashing router with DDWRT but that there is a dangerous business so be careful if your trying it now we can happily have 4 xboxs playing at once on live :)

interesting :) from what ive read so far thats a linux based software that replaces your current router software ? can you clarify as to why its a dangerous business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

Its not as long as you are very careful doing it but a friend of mine bricked a router trying it! just research it first make sure you know what your doing

Advertisement