Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb - Advice Needed

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Okay, I'll try to keep this brief but here's my problem:

My mum had her phone through TalkTalk. Her local exchange became broadband enabled in the summer to I encouraged her to sign up. I rang TalkTalk and they said that they were taken over by DigiWeb, so for home broadband you had to move to them. DigiWeb told me that the package would be €50/month, less €25 line rental as she was a pensioner and so would get free line rental. She had been getting free line rental with TalkTalk and eircom before them. So i ordered the bundle for her.

The first bill came in and she was charged the full €50. I rang to enquire about the error, but they would only talk to the bill payer. My mum rang and they said it was an error on their part and would be sorted. Long story short, every single bill since then has been with line rental included. They won't talk to me, fair enough, but they always fob my mum off when she phones. I'm getting a lot of grief over this as I signed her up for the Broadband. My mum isn't very forceful on the phone and I feel they're taking advantage. She rang the Social Welfare people and asked for some sort of letter that she could send to them, but the lady said she would contact DigiWeb personally. That was a few months ago.

Am I being too cynical in thinking that this is a deliberate ploy from DigiWeb? They've overcharged by about €150 to date. If they're doing this to a few hundred pensioners at a time then it's a nice little earner.

Please give me some advice as to what avenue to go down next? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

She just has to give permission for them to discuss the account details with you, so get her to ring while you're there and she can put you on.

It would not be a deliberate ploy, but the continued error should not be acceptable. If you get nowhere with one more phone call, then put the complaint in writing, and post it by registered post. Also contact Comreg about it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

jor el wrote: »
    Also contact Comreg about it.

Most people think Comreg are useless but I complained to them before when I received 4 mths worth of bills from Esat for broadband that had already been cancelled ( was told 4 times on the phone it would be sorted ).

Complained to Comreg and a week later got a letter of apology in the mail from Esat and never heard from them again.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Technique I just want to take the opportunity on behalf of Digiweb to apologise for this. Would you be able to send me a PM with your mothers account details and I will try and sort this out for you ASAP.

Regards
    Marion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

castie wrote: »
    Most people think Comreg are useless

They can be, but you should always put your complaint to them anyway, even if it is a waste of time. Sometimes it's not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Digiweb wrote: »
    Technique I just want to take the opportunity on behalf of Digiweb to apologise for this. Would you be able to send me a PM with your mothers account details and I will try and sort this out for you ASAP.

Regards
    Marion

Just for the record, Marion sorted out this problem right away and even gave my mum a gesture of goodwill for her inconvenience.

Many thanks.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement