Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting xmas gifts

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

hey I'm based in Waterford and am looking for an interesting gift for my brother and sister in law.
    they have an allotment, and a sensory garden they're big into cooking and I'd love to get them like

a black pepper plant or a pepper plant or something like that?

Any suggestions where I can get that or something else fun?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    hey I'm based in Waterford and am looking for an interesting gift for my brother and sister in law.
    they have an allotment, and a sensory garden they're big into cooking and I'd love to get them like

a black pepper plant or a pepper plant or something like that?

Any suggestions where I can get that or something else fun?

Wrong time of year!! If you looking something really unusual in veg and fruit it usually requires a greenhouse to keep it alive in our climate most of the year and rare to get veg/fruit plants now. I am not a big fan on buying plants, better to raise from seed, reduces your risk of bringing diseases or pests from nurseries.

Better to buy seed, the below site offers an extensive range of seed and some strange and wonderful tomato/pepper varieties or rare veg like cardoons.

http://www.simpsonsseeds.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Thanks, I am not the one with the green thumb in the family you can tell =D

Advertisement