Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox for upstairs.

• 06-12-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I’m going to get a 2nd Xbox for upstairs.

I have a slim at the mo , if i get a arcade can i put the hard drive from my 250 gb slim into it? bring my profile and saves with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi guys,

I’m going to get a 2nd Xbox for upstairs.

I have a slim at the mo , if i get a arcade can i put the hard drive from my 250 gb slim into it? bring my profile and saves with it?

Yes you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I thought the Slim and the older model Xbox were not compatible hard drive wise? Or is there a slim arcade model?

I know there is a 4 Gig Slim . Totally confused now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The 4gb slim is the new arcade model. Crazy old harvey norman has them at €157 at the minute, which is a great deal seeing as you will not need the bigger hard drive as you will be using the existing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭brennarr

I have an elite 120GB and an arcade xbox. I though I could conveniently move my hdd between the two and use my saves etc... between the two without any hassle however on the arcade it told me I can only use the hdd with one xbox at a time and that I needed to wipe the hdd and save all the contents again.

Wasn't happy when I learnt this as they told me in gamestop I would be able to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just use a usb stick. You can now put save files onto a usb stick and transfer them between any Xbox, you may need to be signed onto Live with your gamer tag though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i think i will go with the slim in harvey norman seems to be the best valu at 157.

has anyone seen any better deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

i think i will go with the slim in harvey norman seems to be the best valu at 157.

has anyone seen any better deals?

I doubt you'll find better than that deal, to be honest. Seems like good value.

Advertisement