Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of anybody selling them near Coolaney & will preferably deliver (still picking pine needles out of the car from last year!).

Please PM me if you have any numbers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Noticed some adverts around today, will PM ya if I see them again.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Jaysus! You must never get out :eek:

I mean there are acres and acres of Xmas trees all around you out there and you're looking for someone to PM you a number so a Tree can be delivered to you?

C'mon boy, where's the old Christmas spirit? And we need it more this year (especially after what's coming tomorrow) more than ever!

Get out there and bring a saw.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pete M. wrote: »
    Jaysus! You must never get out :eek:

I mean there are acres and acres of Xmas trees all around you out there and you're looking for someone to PM you a number so a Tree can be delivered to you?

C'mon boy, where's the old Christmas spirit? And we need it more this year (especially after what's coming tomorrow) more than ever!

Get out there and bring a saw.....

Beats getting pine needles all over the car.

:D

Wouldn't mind a bottle of Morgans for my xmas spirit.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Anyone know of anybody selling them near Coolaney & will preferably deliver (still picking pine needles out of the car from last year!).

Please PM me if you have any numbers.

Thanks.

The guy next to Coolaney playground. He has them for sale every year and delivers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Beats getting pine needles all over the car.

:D

Wouldn't mind a bottle of Morgans for my xmas spirit.

;)

Well I can't promise that there'll not be pine needles I'm afraid.

does that mean I can promise that there will be needles :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

magnumlady wrote: »
    The guy next to Coolaney playground. He has them for sale every year and delivers too.

I normally get them from him, but he didn't have any last year. They were hard to come by last year - ended up getting one off a guy in the back of beyond, near Charlestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I normally get them from him, but he didn't have any last year. They were hard to come by last year - ended up getting one off a guy in the back of beyond, near Charlestown.

Not the area your looking for one in I know, but I got a lovely one last year in Tubbercurry. Just before the pedestrian crossing as you come into to tubber (from Sligo direction), there's a guy on the right. He might have a sign out, so it's bit nearer than Charlestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

magnumlady wrote: »

He's back selling them again this year after being let down last year by his supplier.. picked one last week & he delivered a few minutes later, no bother.

The stands he makes for them are class - a big round section from a tree as the base. €25 all in. Can't go wrong!

I'd rang a guy before that who'd an ad up in the shop - he was looking for €36 for one without a stand & without delivery. When I asked him why he was charging "Dublin prices", he was very rude & told me to "go to Dublin then if you think they'll be any cheaper".

A smooth talking salesman at his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi I have someone asking me where to get a tree at this stage, my 50c was to go to Argos and get an artificial one , but he insists on a real one.

House and Garden and Pearse Rd petrol station have a poor selection I am told, anyone know anywhere else in the region. Delivery not important, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabregas9200

Ciullta out in hazlewood are the best in Sligo. Not cheap at fifty euro though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Tighes in Ballymote have some really nice trees, they are really full looking.

He has small metal stands for them too. Not to cheap with them though. Cryans also have them but think they look ropey enough

Advertisement