Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming / Movie Making / YouTube Channel Heads?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:55pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sat down last night and gave my channel a solid look through - Didn't really notice how fast time has gone as I've had it since 2006 and am pretty suprised with it in general.

It went from a brief look to spending 30mins making a little trailer to pass the time over a cup of tea, to thinking about just how many of us gamers out there actually are interested in uploading our own movies... Or even just what channels or sources people like to keep their eyes on when it comes to gaming footage (beit trailers, reviews, gameplay etc).

I have to admit, I wouldn't play half the games I do if it wasn't for movie making - It adds a whole layer of added enjoyment to a game when you can both play it AND make movies out of it. Some games I'd be totally sick of if it wasn't for this and I've no doubt in my mind there may be some folks out there in the same boat - I'd like to see just how many there may be, especially from Boards.

It's just one of those pet interests of mine.

Even if people aren't interested in movie making, maybe it'd be nice to see what gaming channels people 'WATCH' for whatever reason.

Comedy Clips, getting Game Trailers firsthand, general gameplay, reviews, whatever the reason... Why not link them here?

Just as a basic example - Apart from my own channel I used to keep tabs on JamesNintendoNerd's channel (Angry Video Game Nerd / AVGN) and some other folks who maintain high level StreetFighter IV channels of tournament gameplay and other stuff. I'm also subscribed to Machinima's channel on YouTube even though I don't pay it too much attention unless a clip surfaces of a game I like...

How about you folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I played the flying fook out of BF2 and got a lot of use out of the battle recorder feature. Was just before youtube though and lost most of my clips in a hard drive crash :(

But yeah I remember mine very well of course.

Lookin forward to BF3. Really wish Arma2 had a battlerecorder feature, sigh :(

**edit**

Wow that Mine vid is no where near as good as I remember. Was such a big deal at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm still subscribed to AVGN

Out of curiosity RopeDrink, what software is best used for video editing and recording ingame footage ? , say if one wanted to make a short video themselves

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I love making wee gaming montages and stuff. Always alot of fun putting something cool together. Currently working on a big black op's montage for my ps3 clan. Most i've ever spent was a few days on a montage, this is gonna take me 3 or 4 more weeks to edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Since the topic is kind of on it, you may want to check out the Game Recording & Editing forum if it floats your boat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Here's another example.

Warcraft Movies was a huge inspiration for me but back before WoW when I was a CS / BF2 maniac, movies like THIS really made me want to join in the fun.

I'm sure most remember "Battlefield 2 - MINE!"

Jeez id totally forgotten those mine vids! Remember the other one, 'the pwned life'? I remember that being great. Crazy to see how far video game..videos have come in so short a span. I love making videos myself, they may not be great but its always fun uploading a new video, even if its nothing but straight gameplay.

some of my vids

its odd, ill generally get a song stuck in my head and think 'man, that would go great in X game', and then take the video from there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think I'm pretty well spammed across boards at this stage, but if you havn't seen mine, I do CoD commentaries.

I love it, I really enjoy making them.

Also, I have a competition coming up very soon if anyone is interested.

This is the type of stuff I do :

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Check out my channel,I do animations based on the gmrfm podcast called Splitscreen.So far its covered games such as Fallout,Mass Effect and Soul Calibur.

Heres the latest one,hope you enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I do record my gaming sometimes, but I never upload as I only have a 1Mb (.1Mb up) connection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I do record my gaming sometimes, but I never upload as I only have a 1Mb (.1Mb up) connection :(

I barely have to even compress msot of my vidyas as it takes about 2 minutes to upload a 500mb video on my works bandwidth hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I barely have to even compress msot of my vidyas as it takes about 2 minutes to upload a 500mb video on my works bandwidth hehe..

:(

Ah, UPC are supposed to come out in my area around March or April next year, so I should start uploading more by then.

I do have one OK video though:

I cannot explain the black borders however, I recorded in 1920x1080 and then compressed it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i have a few if me getting owned in ut2004 :p if i was more technically gifted with computers and such i would have had a load of demos with omgwtf frags which i could have made into a movie. ill see if i can upload some later tho

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm still subscribed to AVGN

Out of curiosity RopeDrink, what software is best used for video editing and recording ingame footage ? , say if one wanted to make a short video themselves

Thanks

Fraps to record and Virtualdub to encode it to divx.

For editing thats a personal choice, i use Adobe Premier and After Effects but you could use Windows Movie Maker if you wanted. Theres an entire video editing forum here who would give a better answer to the editing part.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I haven't done much, mainly RB related stuff, just to shut my "RB is 4 losers and takes no real skill lol" friends up.

And one of me playing actual drums to a rock band track

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I don't really upload anything but I was bored a while ago and fùcked about with Gmod.

I had a bigger and more complete video but that was on my last laptop which bombed out so this rough-as-a-bear's arse was all I had saved on my external:

Where it ends there is when an Apache comes in and blows shìt up, took me ages to do! Bah!! :(

Advertisement