Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bassist needed for Dublin based band

• 06-12-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

There's yet another Dublin band out there looking for a bassist. It's unfortunately hard to describe the music but I like to consider it as avant garde indie pop. That probably doesn't do it justice though. We're influenced by a lot of bands including The Smiths, Siouxsie and the Banshees, British Sea Power, Nick Cave, David Bowie, Joy Division, Manic Street Preachers, Talking Heads, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, Blondie etc. Also influenced by literature, politics, fear and loathing. If you're interested let me know. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheEternal

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

What age group are you? I like all your influences...

We're between 20 and 27. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BombaLame

Hey, 20 year old bassist here, like your influences and would love to play. Give me a shout anyway if you are still searching. Where in Dublin are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BombaLame

Also, been playing for over 6 years now and gigging/jamming/playing with some bands around Dublin for 3 years.

• Advertisement

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

TheEternal wrote: »
    We're between 20 and 27. What about you?

Too old sadly...:o I remember all that stuff first time round!

Sorry to hear that. But I'm also quite jealous. I missed out on the best music. Hope you find a band anyway. Thanks for the interest

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KindaMaybYesBye

You still looking?

21 year old bass player, been playing 5 years now. PM me more info if you's haven't found someone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 henry.k

Hey, im 21 and looking for a band here. Im brazilian and ex bassist and lead singer of a punk rock band there. I like your influences and also a big fan of smiths.

• Advertisement
Advertisement