Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four billion thanks

Options
  • 06-12-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Just had this pointed out to me. There's a post of mine (in a private forum if that matters) that is showing over four billion thanks. No names are displayed under the post.

Here's a pic with the text of the post edited out. (to keep within the rules of the forum, but those of you who know about these kind of bugs can see into the forum anyway).

manythanks.jpg

Probably something and nothing, but just thought I'd flag it here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I posted about this before, apparently it's a known bug. The number of thanks is the same.

pity it doesn't actually add it to your thanks :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

4294967294 is -1 in 32bit 2's complement.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement