Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Map in Black Ops (poll)

Options
  • 06-12-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

My favourite would be Array, almost always have a good game there. Any other opinions? I know how hard it is to choose one :D

Best Map in Black Ops? 170 votes

Array
    0% 0 votes
    Cracked
    8% 14 votes
    Crisis
    3% 6 votes
    Firing Range
    0% 1 vote
    Grid
    24% 41 votes
    Hanoi
    5% 9 votes
    Havana
    1% 3 votes
    Jungle
    1% 2 votes
    Launch
    5% 9 votes
    Nuketown
    4% 8 votes
    Radiation
    24% 42 votes
    Summit
    5% 10 votes
    Villa
    12% 21 votes
    WMD
    2% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I know how hard it is to choose one :D

Harder than getting the fecking game to connect:)

I picked WMD.Always play good on it and its a good map to do circuits around without going near the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Voted Cracked. Probably the most unique map in the game. Love the destroyed buildings in the centre surrounded by two roads on each side then more smaller built up areas again after the roads. Makes for some really nice in and out of building combat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Ive gotten some of my best kill/death ratios on cracked but nuketown has to get my votes for the pace of action ! reminds me a bit of shipment back in MW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

my top 3 are Nuketown, Array and firing range in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I went with Summit. Fast paced but not cramped.

Honorable mention to Grid and Radiation for me, I dont really like Firing Range but cant say im surprised to see it do so well, always gets voted and re-voted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Firing Range followed by WMD for me. I absolutely despise Nuketown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

For me, it's launch! I love playing demolition there, the interactivity with the doors adds a more fun and adds to the game tactically, I like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Summit or Grid.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Summit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Voted for Jungle - had a 30-3 win there(FFA)...:D

Nuketown is a mad level too, great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It depends on the game type but overall I would say radation. The map is the right size for objective based games and tdm.
    Nuketown is my favorite for tdm followed by firing range.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Forgot about Jungle and Firing range, up there is my favourites as well . Villa on the other hand... do not care for that map :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Between array and jungle for me but went with array.

When playing dom on array if you spawn at A, run over towards B and stand behind the rock by the base of the tower with a sniper and scope up to the window overlooking B flag. Loads of guys rush to that window from C, i've gotten multiple doubles, triples and multi kills there.

Those guys in the window will be looking at B flag or up at the platform on the tower. If they do look your way they'll only have your head to aim for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I have to say I'm a bit surprised to see Nuketown and Firing Range being joint top. Firing range isn't bad for some furious action games, but Nuketown is just a joke of a map. The spawns on it are horrendous, and if you don't have a 4 bar connection you're screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Nuketown = scrubby noob map

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Its a good laugh tbh, been having some epic private matches on it. Without a doubt, blops private settings are a million times better than MW2 !! Loving it.

Dolphin diving out the windows never gets old !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Radiation, it's the easiest for spawn raping and I always get a friendly fire double kill at the start :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

dorgasm wrote: »
    For me, it's launch! I love playing demolition there, the interactivity with the doors adds a more fun and adds to the game tactically, I like :)

Thats radiation with the doors. Launch is the one where the rocket launches near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Voted for Array. I win a lot of my games there. Only level I can successfully use my stealth class (m16 silenced+ghost pro), which I enjoy a lot.

Very close behind it are Jungle and WMD.

Cracked is probably my least favourite level.

Nuketown being top of that list is making me feel a bit sick. Ya, it can be fun in private matches, or split screen with your buddies, but for any regular online (FFA,TDM etc) the map is just ridiculous. It certainly depresses me that it is considered one of the best maps.

Out of interest, if we're going to have a Best Map in Black Ops, can we have a Worst Map in Black Ops?? I have a feeling Nuketown would top that poll too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

jimbling wrote: »
    Voted for Array. I win a lot of my games there. Only level I can successfully use my stealth class (m16 silenced+ghost pro), which I enjoy a lot.

Very close behind it are Jungle and WMD.

Cracked is probably my least favourite level.

Nuketown being top of that list is making me feel a bit sick. Ya, it can be fun in private matches, or split screen with your buddies, but for any regular online (FFA,TDM etc) the map is just ridiculous. It certainly depresses me that it is considered one of the best maps.

Out of interest, if we're going to have a Best Map in Black Ops, can we have a Worst Map in Black Ops?? I have a feeling Nuketown would top that poll too.

Create a thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Create a thread :)

What, me? :eek:

I've got better things to be doing you know :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

jimbling wrote: »
    I've got better things to be doing you know :pac:

Obviously not!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I originally picked Firing Range but I think I'd have to change to Radiation now that I've been doing very, very well on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

I'm glad my vote put Firing Range above Nuketown just there. I'm so F'ING SICK OF NUKETOWN!!! Everyone picks it just because even a blundering moron with a pistol will probably rack up more kills there than on any other map. It's fine every once in a while or if you're doing challenges and need a crap load of kills quick but not EVERY BLOODY TIME! Pick something else for christ sake! One day I played 12 games in a row on it cuz I had no choice. In the end I just ended the damn games when that map came up and they stopped voting for it for a while.

I like Firing Range for the numerous sniper perches and if you get bored of that you can have fun running around like normal. Array used to be like that but now I can never get any peace on the tower for long enough. I got torn apart on Radiation today so not liking that too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I like Radiation for objective games, Firing Range for all types. Launch is pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I voted Nuketown.. love the madness. But i do like Summit as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nuketown and Firing range? WTF

Firing range is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Summit for me followed by Jungle and then Radiation.

Nuketown is by far the worst map just as bad as Rust in fact I would rather play Rust over nuketown.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Summit aaaaaaaaaaal the way, jungle foooooking wrecks my head

• Advertisement
Advertisement