Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Map in Black Ops (poll)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

fjsanchez wrote: »
    My favourite would be Array, almost always have a good game there. Any other opinions? I know how hard it is to choose one :D

voted nuketown , just for the reason you dont have to look that far for kills , firing range is also a nice map .

raheny red wrote: »
    Radiation, it's the easiest for spawn raping and I always get a friendly fire double kill at the start :cool:
    grrrrrrrrr:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 snowww

I voted for villa I do my best there and I think it's a great size not to big like jungle or not to small like nuketown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gell32

love sumit,,, firing rang and grid,,, radiation is one of the best domination maps in cod history:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I love Havana, it has a mix of wide open spaces, and closed spaces, with the one road down the middle, spawn locking on the map is good, but if ya get spawn locked in the map its very hard to get out of, a good team on your side and you are gonna win..

Nuketown is another of my fav's, fast paced, and never stops. Its a great map.

I hate Array, and WMD, far too big, can go around for way too long looking for people and find no one, only to walk upon someone camping an get killed only to start all over again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Cracked for me. I don't know why but I really love urban style warfare. It reminds me of Ambush which was by far my favorite map on CoD4, a mix of close combat and also long open straights which many spots to snipe / sharp shoot from.

Nuketown is my love / hate map. Great map when having a good game but if you're playing a good team it's pretty easy to be absolutely raped.

played Cracked last night a few times with HC/HQ got some crazy kills , my best was 53 k 12 d , also i stole 2 crates from enemies , 1 had doggies the other had chopper gunner:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Nuketown is definitely my favourite (24/7 servers FTW! :P)

After that, WMD and Launch would probably be my next favourites - WMD has such nice variety in the location 'types' (can't think of a better way to phrase it) to suit just about every weapon type, and Launch is pretty awesome for getting (fairly) up close and personal, and little feck-acting around with hiding in some obscure little hole. And the rocket reminds me of some of the cool Kismet sequences in UT3 :D

Not a big fan of Cracked/Hanoi though - I don't hate them so much that I'd leave a game just to get away from them, but there's windows everywhere and there's always some fecker in one of them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Love WMD , Jungle and Launch,

Not a fan of hanoi and crisis tbh, hate crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Never had a bad match on Nuketown- it's mental and there's no camping. Just pure fun.
    Also love Jungle and Launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Summit for me, closely followed by Launch.

Nuketown is alright once in a while, have really gotten to dislike Firing Range though.

Crisis is just a horrible stupid map :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Not surprised to see the 3 smallest maps top the poll.

I voted firing range, but I really like them all. Black Ops has to be the first FPS that I have not hated a single map.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Summit for me, closely followed by Launch.

Nuketown is alright once in a while, have really gotten to dislike Firing Range though.

Crisis is just a horrible stupid map :mad:

Agree with all that. Summit I mentioned before in this thread is easily my favorite(one of my all time favorite maps). Remi mentioned the other day I just own the map. Never had a bad game on it. Say I average a 3 K/D on it. Launch would be the next best for me.

I'm sick and tired of Firing Range too. It really grates me when it's chosen, which it is every single blooming time unless Nuketown is an option. Nuketown is alright is sporadic bursts as you eluded too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Never had a bad match on Nuketown- it's mental and there's no camping. Just pure fun.
    Nuketown? No camping? Try playing Free for All there, you will honestly cry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Also love Jungle and Launch
    What strange realm are you playing Black Ops in? I find there's always some b*st*rd camping in Nuketown - there's the green house garage, the side door of the yellow house garage, at the concrete yoke being the green house, lying prone on the ground staring out the upstairs bedroom doors, hiding behind the desks in the first room upstairs in either house...

The f***ers in the bedrooms are a bloody great target for crossbows and lethal grenades though :D

There may very well be more, but the amount of people I find camping in the above areas is infuriating. The c*nts will just stay there until their team's spawn location changes to the other side of the map, then they take up a new camping spot :mad:

It's way more fun to push forward and get stuck into a proper fight rather than "durr durr, i cn kil dem ez!" - I'd love to know what kind of person finds camping enjoyable, I'd say it's about as entertaining as fishing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jack No Coke

Firing range for me.It,s just the right size,not too big not too small.I always seem to rack up decent scores on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nuketown!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ha, this thread was dead for nearly 5 years. Anyway, Summit was the best map in the game IMO, followed by Firing Range. This game had great maps. Nuketown is a disaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

If this included DLCs, I'd probably put Stadium

Advertisement